FL Studio 9 & XTC Scope 5.0 Problems

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

rez6286

FL Studio 9 & XTC Scope 5.0 Problems

Post by rez6286 »

Hi I'm trying to use XTC mode in FL Studio and I keep getting this error message,

( the procedure entry point ?GetNunWindows@RApiModule@@QAEHXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library RAPI.ddl)

Followed by Not enough ASIO channels availible (which iv seen this one b4)

XTC MODE USE TO WORK In V4.5, It just diddnt work properly and now whenever I try to use it in the new V5.0 it not only doesn't work but it doesn't allow me to use FL Studio 9 EITHER and Its VERY FRUSTRATING FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT I STOP USING MY SCOPE CARDS FOR 6 MONTHS JUST WAITING FOR THE OFFICIAL COPY TO JUST RUN INTO YET ANOTHER PROBLEM.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

AND I HAVE A PIC OF THE ERROR MESSAGE BUT NOT SURE HOW TO UPLOAD

file:///C:/Users/REZ/Desktop/FL%20Studio%20Scope%20P1.png
Attachments
FL Studio Scope P1.png
FL Studio Scope P1.png (932.22 KiB) Viewed 8349 times
iSiStOy

Re: FL Studio 9 & XTC Scope 5.0 Problems

Post by iSiStOy »

Could it be that you copy-pasted your ancient xtcproject as is in your new v5 installation folder?
If so, you will have to delete asio modules (at least) and recreate them in v5.
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

1st Thanks for taking the time to help :) So basiclly all I did was just installed the new V5 OVER my RC so Im not sure how that work but I can see if your option will , So you say just open up my projects and replace the ASIO correct?
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

You should try to edit the project file XTC uses. I can't remember which one it is cause I am not using xtc but the 2 project files I know about are :

<your scope folder>\App\XTCApp\XTC.pro (I don't think this is the one)
<your scope folder>\App\XTCApp\XTCProject.pro (this might be the one to edit)

Search for XTCProject.pro in Z forum... Maybe you'll get confirmation that it is the one to edit.
Then, I suggest you edit it in sfp mode and replace asio as well as hardware modules with the one you have in the interface.

I hope that helps.

PS: I am going to check what exact file you should check, just now. 'll be right back.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

I confirm: it is about editing xtcproject.pro.
PLEASE DO A COPY BACKUP OF THE FILE BEFORE editing.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Maybe you can also give a go to this:
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... IO#p259326
PS: I know it is for SX but the interesting part is that cw_swede reworked his xtcproject file from ground and it appeared to work "well"

All the best

EDITED
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

mAN nO CIGAR, NOTTA, DidNT WORK! this is crazy i cant use my instruments, how do you edit the xtcproject file
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

res6286 wrote:how do you edit the xtcproject file
With scope software, or course... File-Open. How could you tell it hasn't worked if you didn't even edit that file to recreate you modules?
My opinion? You better make a backup copy of your scope directories, then uninstall scope and then make a "fresh" scope installation (like not on top of an existing one).
my 2 cents
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

I meant the file in the directory: folder>\App\XTCApp\XTCProject.pro, but Ima do a fresh install now and be right bac,
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Yes, that's the one but I recogn it might be better for you to do a fresh install and then put back your old presets, 3rd party devices, etç...
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

Still didnt work! I saved my files in a back up drive, did a fresh install and didnt even add any of my files I just tested to see if it would work and:
1.0.png
1.0.png (600.93 KiB) Viewed 8253 times
1.1.png
1.1.png (561.67 KiB) Viewed 8251 times
and this is all I get EVERY SINGLE TIME, WELL IMA BE BACK ON IT AT WORK TOMORROW AND IF I DONT TRY to use XTC FL STUDIO works fine. its like windows 7 dont want me using the INSTRUMENTS :-?
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

I dont Think scope works in win7?
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

19th, scope 5 works with win7 32bit, not 64 bit.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing it does work just fine in window 7 32 bit just for some reason my XTC is acting UP.
1.3.png
1.3.png (117.4 KiB) Viewed 8244 times
So...... Any other Ideas, or is there anyone who do have it working in windows 7 XTC, and by the way are there any other problems that are known in windows 7
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

I doubt the RAPI error is related to scope. Does this only happen when you launch FL Studio? Do you have any other sequencers you could try? Do the error occur when you launch FL running scope in normal mode?
Registry inconsistencies and virus/cracks might also cause RAPI errors.

EDIT: i take it from your last post Scope is running fine in normal mode, so here's roundup:

For the missing asio error, i suspect this to be because of lack of a proper XTC project.
For the RAPI error, a registry cleaner might help. Do you have any portable devices/PDA's connected by any chance?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

What exactly do you mean,"For the missing asio error, i suspect this to be because of lack of a proper XTC project." can you clear that up for me because I just did a clean fresh Install and still the same thing, as for having other sequencers, yeah I have Cubase 4 LE that Freezes when I put the SCOPE ASIO driver In, Any freeware registry cleaners you know of... no portable devices hooked up...
voidar

Post by voidar »

Open your XTCproject.pro in normal mode and put some ASIO drivers in there (from the hardware drop-down menu). See what happens.
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

nope didn't work, im thinking somethings setup wrong in my windows sound card but im not sure what
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Did you try to register and ask on Image-Line support forum about your problem? I get results for FL Studio in Google with the "not enough asio output channels available" error of yours.

Also: CCleaner can help clean registry (Free) but if I were you, I'd make sure to check further on the net for help before.
But if you want to mess around with registry keys, I suggest you confirm registry keys backup in the tool before proceeding with registry cleaning.

PS: For your own help, please don't post things like: "it doesn't work anymore, it's shit! HELLLPPPP!". That's of no use at all, I mean, for you, particularly... On the contrary, you should try to expose what you have installed, uninstalled, overwritten and in the right order.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Another one:

did you try reinstalling your Scope drivers manually from CD (or folder)?

And another one, picked on image-line forum:
Does it work in this test application?

To use it:
1. unzip the attached file somewhere on your harddisk
2. run the included application
3. select the driver from the dropdown list
4. click on "Create Buffers" and then on "Start"
As of what I can find on the net, you should really try doing this first post's suggestion (manual driver reinstall). I can't precisely tell you how to do that in 7 though...
Attachments
host.zip
(261.61 KiB) Downloaded 213 times