Scope 5 Discovery

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Scope 5 Discovery

Post by dawman »

This might only work in the XITE-1 I am not sure.
But there are Modular Inserts that allow a patch to be used in a synth insert slot or even a mixer.
You drag and drop the insert or right click and make sure your path is set to go to the devices in the mono or stereo folders depending who's design you are using.
Bowen synths are stereo and SpaceF's stuff is mono I believe.
But these inserted patches cannot be saved except as a project.
I am currently using a similar Modular Shell that is 4 in and 4 out.
I use several and store them in a project as they cannot be saved as presets.
But I make effects racks for a clutter free routing window.
I can use 2 x Stereo insert effects in a Modular patch and load a Multi FX in each slot.
MultiFX can store whatever effect you want and are MIDI controllable too.
But from using these types of shells ( that can only be saved and recalled in a project ) I can drag modules from the shell into the project window..... :o :-?
This only works when these shells are in a project but it's really cool to have the songs name or project name on Roys Super Big Texts in my routing window.
Using the PRJ device as a snapshot w/ presets the possibilities are endless.

I was hoping one of the Scope 5 card ownesr would try the dragging of a module from a Modular patch ( the unsavable kind ) and see if
it's an XITE-1 only phenomenon or a Scope 5 trick.
Here's a pic of a Modular module that was drug into the routing window..............I named the current project Diapers 01.

I have memorized all of my effects per instrument per tune, and because I use controllers to run Scope I am 15-20 feet away from the DAW. When I send the PRJ snapshot device a PrgmChange message having the songs name is great, I use to have to use Roys text and match the presets names in my head. Not any more.

Here's some of the shells but the mod 4x4 is the one that I find fascinating for dragging modules out into the routing window.

Modular Inserts.zip
I always liked the info bar text and the filters Cool too.
untitledV.JPG
dawman

Re: Scope 5 Discovery

Post by dawman »

You might not think the trick of Modular modules in the routing window works as it is not visible immediately.
You only need to drag and drop, then you'll notice the hourglass will flash. Then deactivate the routing window.....Live Bar/Set/Routing Window......now reactivate and connect your cables.
Sharc couldn't get it work but I am not sure what version of Scope he uses. His floating Text Menu is perfect for this as you place it where you want, and drag and drop as many modules as you want. Some cannot be connected but all of the Text modules fro Roy work great and HiFiBooms Filter connects but the cables aren't visible.
I like the Big Text tricks because I can go from song names to MIDI CC information and see it from 15-20 feet away...........Sahwheeet. :wink:
Works like djmicrons SubModularHost, notice the backwards cable.....look familiar..??
untitledZ.jpg
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

sort of works here, the graphics are either all over the place or non-existant :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Bro.
I am glad that Scope 5.0 ( I assume ) is doing this.
Have you tried the Super Big Text modules from Roy...?
Alsom for removing any module the very low right corner needs to be clicked to call up the removal option/ DSP assignment.
I would like to see if you can connect cables and recieve MIDI or sound if you get the chance.
I need to let Ralf know about this as there could be some extra hidden advantges.
I am quite happy with the tricks I discovered.

Thanks.
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

XITE-1/4LIVE .............man!!!
i have to admit that when i open a post of yours ...... usually there is an icon of your projects... and it is always exciting!!! how complicated and at the same time how well organized having your personal philosophy! 8) 8) 8)