minimax vs minimoog

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

cyril_g108

minimax vs minimoog

Post by cyril_g108 »

Just for info
I hope it's not the wrong forum, since asb and scope version sound (i suppose) similar.

http://vimeo.com/1820127
paulrmartin

Re: minimax vs minimoog

Post by paulrmartin »

It's interesting to hear the Real Minimoog as being slightly flat. I just freaked out a friend of mine who has one. :D
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Minimoog:1
Minimax: 0

Be honest! The filter of the real one... :o

Obviously we must listen it with a good pair of studio monitors!
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Oh, yeah, for the price and the poliphony, the digital total enviroment is a beautiful thing!

VSTi: mostly for entry level
DSP: semi pro
Real thing: Pro

:)
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Erminardi,

Have you heard the Pro One, Prowave, or Solaris w/ the SSM or Mini Filters yet? They are the closest sounding yet IMHO. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing some incredible hybrids and emulations once things get rolling.

I still keep a real analog in my rig for it's unique filter characteristics. Just a year ago I kept it for monophonic performance reasons, and filtering. Solaris 5.0 has addressed the performance issues 100%, and the super accurate filter emulation is all that is left IMO. I believe that JBowen will never rest. That we can be thankful for. :wink: