Bug reports for Scope 4.5 hopefully to be fixed for Scope 5!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

sonicstrav

Bug reports for Scope 4.5 hopefully to be fixed for Scope 5!

Post by sonicstrav »

I have noticed some users would like to report some long-standing bugs.It would be nice to give Soniccore some feedback regarding these little irritations - just to make the Scope v 5 environment even more fantastic! :)

It may be that SC have already fixed some of the known ones.

Please post bugs noticed below !

Please read the following post below from pollox - bug reports such as these are more useful than simply a vague description. A good bug report obviously takes some effort. We can't expect SC to do anything if we give them useless information !! :lol:

I have started another for feature requests - PLEASE don't post them here! Thank you ! :)
Last edited by sonicstrav on Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
pollux

Post by pollux »

By experience, bug reports should contain at least the following information so that they are actually helpful for the dev teams:

* severity
* nature of the bug
* circunstances under which it appears
* frequency it appears
* blocking or not (workaround possible)
* workarounds (if any)
* detailed instructions to reproduce it
* OS Version
* SFP Version
* Plugin / Module Version (if corresponding)
* any other information you find useful

Let's try to stick to a certain structure in order to make it easier for everyone :)
We should also check if a bug we found is already listed prior to posting it, to avoid dupplicates, and in that case simply reference it so that the new occurrence is counted.

Feel free to add any other "fields" (bug submitters and dev teams) :D

(please, let's stay focused and be objective in this thread as this can be of big benefit for all of us)

Cheers!

Raul
Last edited by pollux on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

good idea, I though about this too:

i start with my personal most annoying scope bug regarding the modular:

if you replace a mod3 ( i think also mod2) patch with another one in the live bar more often (lets say 10 or 20 times) it crashes SFP randomly.

Scope really never crashes with the normal stuff, but regarding the mod3 patch replacement in Livebar I get a crash more often....
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Not really a bug but really anoying.

Modulator III

Always asks you if you would like to save when loading and unloading Mod III.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

There are few of them i can remember pretty straight.

STS 5000 (older versions too,probably ) is crackling when playing samples on Dual Core CPU. Tested on Core 2 processor. Big plus for me is that i have Intel DP35DP mainboard so i can easily turn off second core via BIOS. When i do that crackling is gone. Tested on two different configurations with same results. Cubase and FL Studio it does not matter. Tested everything. Bug is in SFP

Bug in SFP uninstaller which will erase everything in C:/SFP even if installer is executed and installed on D:/SFP. Example:
I have two windows license with multiple partitions on one machine. C:/ is DAW with XP installed. D:/ with second XP installed for graphic, testing some stuff and other things.

I boot my c:/ DAW, run SFP setup, install everything in C:/SFP, everything works fine. I have my presets, projects in c:SFP etc.etc.

Then i boot XP on D:/. Obviously i want sound when XP is running so i must install scope on that XP too. Execute SFP, install on D:/SFP, everything is working etc....Now after some testing on that d:/ XP installation i want to uninstall SFP and install it again (example i messed up something when learning scope). Control panel-uninstall scope.....It will be removed from D:/SFP but it will also REMOVE everything from C:/SFP !?!!!!. Your presets and projects are gone. Major bug IMO. Almost none of other uninstallers(from other applications) are behaving like that. If i install something on d:/drectoryname when i run uninstaller i am expecting from uninstaller to delete only that what is installed in the first place. Not to look other drive letters and remove data from them too. This should be fixed. Again i did not see something like this back from windows 3.11 :P . Quick fix is that when you are uninstalling something regarding scope from d:/ you must rename everything on C:/ but IMO basic user should not think about something like that.

Bug in "Tool Tips" or in Mixer itself i dont know- Example: Load STM 4896, view channel strip(click on Chn-Page), move AUX volume of selected channel full to the right so when you hover mouse over AUX 1 knob tool tip will show you "AUX Send 1 Level 0.000dB". Now try to assign any MIDI CC to that knob. After that "tool tip" wont show you any numbers. It will only say "AUX Send 1 Level" and that is all. This does not happen for example with simple "Channel" loaded in to routing window. ie when you hover over "gain" tool tip will say what dB is dialed even after assigned CC.

Really small bug in Graphical user interface founded in Profit 5 and Protone. Color behind Volume knob is different then overall layout. Looking stupid but it does not affect your beautiful sound 8) More about that here:
http://www.planetz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24595

Loading Minimax sometimes can give you "PCI Overflow" error. After applying Minimax update founded here on planet Z i am having pretty less errors but still sometimes they are annoying. They can probably "fix" gorgeous Mini even more ;)

And that is all i found in few months using scope v4.5....

Anyone need one silly betatester ;)
I can sign NDA, i will accept watermarked applications, i did betatesting in past, i have XP and Vista license and of course some time 8)
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i can't remember the details but wasn't there a problem with Pattern Delay? Like it went out of sync or something, maybe only at certain sample rates?
Lima

Post by Lima »

I remember these also:

*) the timing in the long delays is wrong. For example the pattern delay is not accurate.

*) the modular "sometimes" forgets to store some parameters in the presets. To avoid this annoing bug there are 2 ways:
1- save one device for every preset
2- rebuild the patch following this procedure:
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... und+preset

*) SBC has a bug in the low frequence bands

*) the 31 band graphic equalizer (stereo version) make an awful initialization sound when loaded. This sound has the particularity to frighten my cat.

I would add to the wishlist the following:

**) extend the memory capabilites of the sts-samplers up to 2GB
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Thanks for moving it to the correct forum - I wasn't sure where to put it :roll:

Should this be made into a sticky at the top - just for couple of months?
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

the 31 band graphic equalizer (stereo version) make an awful initialization sound when loaded.
good point.... sometimes I watch a movie and use the graphic EQ to fine tune my Quadral speakers.... When I first loaded it I didn`t know about the sound burst thing :x . I was really afraid that it killed my high tweaters. Luckily it didn`t.

Now I always turn of the amp or the master mixer fader, when loading this plug. 8)
hubird

Post by hubird »

about the graph eq, this doesn't happen on (my) mac btw :-)
Last edited by hubird on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Stardust, I actually like that feature & see it as more of a fail safe (as it was presumably intended). Without that feature you could easily lose your creations accidentally. Most good software gives you this type of prompt when you press the close button.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

You're right Stardust. I only mentioned it because I don't see it as a 'bug', but a 'feature' (& a worthwhile one imo).
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

I get the Mod III crashing too sometimes. But that has also happened on occasion with some devices I've made in the SDK. It's strange....

It also seemed to happen if I load Optimaster into an insert. :-?

Scope 4.0 software, Windows XP
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Same here Shayne, loading Optimaster into an insert produces a crash approx'. one out of ten times. If anyone is interested in an opinion on why this is happening, then my opinion is that the oscilloscope is causing the issue. Remove it & the issue will be gone.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

The midi presets often in different devices (i.e. I'm shure for Prodyssey) don't remembers some pots/buttons assigned to a midi controller.

The only workaround is re-save "midized" device with SDK...

I have a Doepfer Drehbank and I wish to port every control ouside the PC... actually is very hard, almost impossible.
For shure, impossible with Prodyssey!
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

I want to empasize what told Lima told about STS samplers.
They don´t allow to load over 730 mb doesn´t matter if are one big program or diferent small ones. The total memory loaded never can be up those 730 aprox.
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

I've heard about the phase bug in STS 5000 with stereo samples although I haven't noticed anything myself

The 600Mb limit for STS5000 needs to be raised.
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Stardust, I actually like that feature & see it as more of a fail safe (as it was presumably intended). Without that feature you could easily lose your creations accidentally. Most good software gives you this type of prompt when you press the close button.
I Agree that modIII should remind you to save but
if you click "NO" in responce to save ModII SFP still show you where you would like to save your ModII.

This is what does work with me.

STS memory increase for shure or an update version of some kind like streaming, beat slicing, rex file support, easier stereo sends on other channels other than L R.

Thats all for now.
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

why do people even use the sts samplers? thats a serious question (no snark-o) - i mean why use them instead of a soft-sampler or even some kind of rack sampler, better sound? i like the fact that they can actually sample, unlike kontakt et al. but the interface seems archaic & obviously they're quite buggy. seems like it would be a waste of resources for SC to pursue the sts line when most people (i think) are happy enough w/ native samplers which are better spec'd & easier to use anyway. i think sc should ditch them & focus on synths, effects, sdk etc. which is what will draw people to the platform more so than a rather decrepit-looking sampler.
borg

Post by borg »

Last edited by borg on Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall