Wave shaping w/ SpaceF's WS4-MKII

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Wave shaping w/ SpaceF's WS4-MKII

Post by dawman »

This is still me just playing a live stereo track, as I am overwhelmed still w/ the sequencers, but learning thanks to members here.

In the General thread there was talk about a new Wave Oscillator, until that is developed I will use these sounds.

There are Kyma Waveforms but that requires Sample Oscillators.

This is just SpaceF's WS4-MKII using 2 of Bowen Waldorf Pair II Oscillators, and SpaceF's S-MOS's. 4 Oscillators total w/ the noise synth modulations.

It is the silly old song by a great guy called Wave Meat.

These are all naturually swept waves w/ no effects, as their rich sound will demonstrate.

The SE-1X is doing the monophonic work and is inputted into WS4-MKII for some of SpaceF's Small Echo II.

Hope You Enjoy It.
Last edited by dawman on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

congratulations, Jimmy!
that's number 2.
sounds better than zappa ever did, too.... :lol:
spacef

Post by spacef »

Ladies and gentlemen....

Jimmy V !
...Man or Myth...

You are the master of high resonances :-)
Thanks for using the Waldorf pair, nice distinctive "Bowen" sound :-)
Never heard the SE-1 before neither, very nice sound...
You also have your Master in S-MOS-Sweetness-Global-Management :-)

Many thanks for this one
Mehdi
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

wow thats some wild high frequency, resonating madness. i like it. why bother with sequencers though? if i could play i think i would just do it all live & overdub like youre doing now.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Brotha' Man Mr, Prawn,

I am so lame I can't even overdub yet !!

That's just using 2 controllers and a sustain pedal and a pair into VDAT.

The WS4-MKII preset is 3 x synths w/ 6 voice polyphony on each synth, and of course very long release levels on the ADSR.

I actually like the lower poly counts on some presets, because when I play a new chord I get that sucking / backwards type of sound from the re-triggering of the envelopes.

This synth can do analog emulations in a most frightening way also. The S-MOS Oscillators are damn near a synthesizer themselves,

This new synth is my first walk into the future. I needed something to escape my analog synth world from and by the sound and looks of it, this is the ticket.

Most definately a fierce Pack Hunter, no quarry will be left alive. :wink:
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

By 'eck lad, thart's got some high resonances going on there.
Nice sound though I must say.
Love the lead - reminds me of so many sounds and outfits from the past, but it still sounds fresh.

It's nice to start hearing you at long last and I could definitely listen to more of that genre from you.
You're really getting the hang of this kit now eh?

Personally and only my tastes, not a criticism, but I would have counterbalanced some of those higher resonances with lower sweeps too - perhaps acting in opposite directions across the stereo image.

Loved it.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Nice idea there mate. :wink:

I plan on using the ribbon controller and apply the sweeps, portamento, and bi-directional resonance tricks to a pre recorded audio track.

I would be able to use two fingers on a dual zone ribbon preset, place them in the center and move them Left and right simultaneously.

I already have the bi-directional portamento for the SE-1X and Multi-Synth made, and it is way trippy.

I just need to free my hands and feet, and learn my sequencer apps better.

I felt handcuffed doing this in VDAT as I held a sustain pedal, and played both controllers. :roll:

2 more days for nuittin' but music. :wink:
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Wow.
With these sounds you should cover "Canario" from EL&P.
Keith Emerson would be enviously. :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Danke Herr Voigt,

Very Kind Words Indeed,

He is always on my mind when I play that particular patch.

I am sure Mr. E has many fierce weapons we don't hear about.

His Hammond chops 35 years later are still second to none for progressive styles.

Glad you liked it. :wink:
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Very interesting version of a well loved FZ tune(I hope Gail doesn't try to shut down the Z because of copyright infringement...)

Here it is, guys! Uncle Meat, the easy ambient Las Vegas version.

I have to send you my rap version of Dyna-Moe-Humm, brotha' Jimmy. You might get a kick out of it :)
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

simply awesome
borg

Post by borg »

super!!!
About 90% of my music listening time is spent on FZ, so you could consider me a critical listener. Your sound would make Tommy Mars drool. I often wonder what FZ would be doing with the immense power of modern technology. He was ahead of his time, maybe even more on the technology side than on the music he wrote.

Since ELP is mentioned... can I have a Barbarian Las Vegas style? :D

Indeed, happy to finally hear your chops...
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Mate.

FZ would've had Guitars and Synths way on the outside, you know it.

George Duke and Stanley Clarke dropped in here unexpectedly last year, and GD as usual was a monster. He had a Minimoog Voyager, a DAW for samples, and a Prophet V. They kicked major Booty.

From now on only originals here at the Z.

I re read my ASCAP/BMI contract that was updated by the RIAA in DC a few years back, and if I wish to post arrangements that are already copyrighted, I have to have my own site, and mark all posts.

It's similar to having copies of a movie laying around your house, no biggie, but illegal. Same with the illegal workers that live in the USA. No biggie, but when politicians here are running for any office, they all want to suddenly enforce laws that they never paid attention to before their campaigns. :lol:

I am trying to fit in here and will be posting synth / dance / ambient / PsyTrance kind of stuff, afterall, I am way behind the times.

Who knows, what I learn from you guys here might spark a creative flow of music that might be unique and desirable.

Thanks For The Kind Words.

Back To Work I Go. :D
chriskorff

Post by chriskorff »

S4L - you're into psytrance? HA HA!

You know, around my area there are a lot of, er... not-so-legitimate parties where they play that shit all night! If I'm honest, I'm not the biggest fan - I need a lot of 'chemical encouragement' before I'll dance to that stuff for 8 hours on the trot!

All good though - I've just given you about as much info as I can offer on the thread with my recent tune [shameless plug, I know, but if you like, you can listen to the tune on the 'Strictly badboy riddims' thread!]

Have a good one mate,

Chris
dawman

Post by dawman »

I responded earlier posing as a white man, w/ perfect English.

Perhaps A Spot Of Tea To Convince You?