SonicTimeworks P-100...

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

maky325

SonicTimeworks P-100...

Post by maky325 »

Hi! i am pretty new user of scope so take my apology if i am amazed too much.

Testing scope fusion 3.1 on Pulsar II from yesterday(15 DSP will ship in near future) i am in sonic coma and i can not believe how did i live without creamware all these years :o
Big thanks goes to hifiboom for giving me honest recommendations about this platform. I still can not believe how this platform is fine sounding.

And today i found and tested Timeworks plate :o 99$ this must be a joke! I never heard anything like that in VST world. Well CSR reverb is close but different and i like both!

I will build a creamware statue with my own hand :lol:

EDIT: Tested A-100 for a short time......muahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaa...What a reverb plugin!! I can not believe what i am hearing...I will order this two plugins ASAP !

Btw take my apology for bad english :lol:
FrancisHarmany

Re: SonicTimeworks P-100...

Post by FrancisHarmany »

mpodrug wrote:Hi! i am pretty new user of scope so take my apology if i am amazed too much.

Testing scope fusion 3.1 on Pulsar II from yesterday(15 DSP will ship in near future) i am in sonic coma and i can not believe how did i live without creamware all these years :o
Big thanks goes to hifiboom for giving me honest recommendations about this platform. I still can not believe how this platform is fine sounding.

And today i found and tested Timeworks plate :o 99$ this must be a joke! I never heard anything like that in VST world. Well CSR reverb is close but different and i like both!

I will build a creamware statue with my own hand :lol:

EDIT: Tested A-100 for a short time......muahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaa...What a reverb plugin!! I can not believe what i am hearing...I will order this two plugins ASAP !

Btw take my apology for bad english :lol:
Yes, the SCOPE Universe is much more interesting then the vst world :P
hubird

Post by hubird »

great :-D
braincell

Post by braincell »

It's not more interesting because it is so limited. Good luck with the sucky STS series samplers.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

:-?
This is thread about SonicTimeworks and overall Creamware synth design. Samplers are bad to me indeed but they are just a pretty small percent of big system. I am finding hard to understand that someone can judge such amazing bundle and 3rd party offer by just stock samplers. Anyway there is a bunch of other better samplers so go and buy it. No one will stop you.

Again this is appreciation thread. If you want to s*** about samplers please do so but start another thread about that.

Best regards!
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

braincell wrote:It's not more interesting because it is so limited. Good luck with the sucky STS series samplers.
yes, because they surly seem to be his main topic in this post? and using creamware cards doesnt exclude you from using your beloved vstis does it?

rantrantrant.
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Samples comming from host based samplers still sound better with Scope! :P

These days I do some sort of "unison" on my FL Studio samplers and , gosh, again things sound phatter!!!!
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Everytime i compare the Creamware sounds and Workflow to any other i always prefer Creamware 'overall', though some platforms are stronger in certain departments at a whole Creamware is unrivalled imo. This is not to say anything bad about Native, Uad, Protools, etc because in the perfect studio set-up one may prefer the combination of several platforms to benifit from eaches strenghths and processing-power cumilation (i do). But the Creamware just has the beautiful ideal-general-purpose sounds with some of their synths,samplers, and effects, and have a magic to them that just often works here. I have some top-class Native synths but they are more specialized-sounding and not suited for a wide range of my work quite like Creamware's, And the flexible enviroment SCOPE gives just brings a oneness and Zen type feel to a Recording-Studio set-up. It really gives a smooth, intergrated, ideal, and flexible work-enviroment. I still like Native reverbs a bit better as well as a couple other things so each Platform has some importance here. As for building the Creamware statue don't let nothing stop you, i've built several myself. Quite a rewarding experience i might add :) ..
garyb

Post by garyb »

...and Scope allows all those platforms to work together in real time. "other platforms" includes the real world.
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

It's not more interesting because it is so limited. Good luck with the sucky STS series samplers.
I have GS3 ,EMUX2, and K3 all of which have their own strengths, but I have to say that I still use STS5000 alot.

I will use STS when I want to use drums that I will trigger from a El. drum kit.
There is NO Latency issues when playing in real time, and playing the kit feels really natural.
if I prefer to use other sounds from another sampler I will change after I have recorded using STS but most times I keep the same sounds.
Yes sometimes you don't need 1gig drum kit sounds to get a good sounding kit, Take it from me I have alot of samples.

Another thing I would like to say about the STS is that the audio manipulation through sts's timestretching sounds much better(in my oppinion) than the other samplers.
I'll use STS to manipulate a vocalaudio track to do backup vocals and the sound is really good.
Much like Roland V-synth's ,which I also have, time stretching but easier and more natural sounding.

Overall the STS5000 sampler needs to be searched and understood before any verdict is reached. In my opinion these samplers STS series sound warmer than K3 or EMUX2 and very close if not just as warm with GS3.

Maby this is off topic but I feel since mpodrug is new to CW, SC that he should here both sides of the story.
I for one was amazed when I first got into CW 5 years ago and still get a Hard on everytime I boot up my computer to work with my CW DAW. :o

Welcome to the world of Creamware.Soniccore! mpodrug :wink:
hubird

Post by hubird »

mpodrug wrote: Again this is appreciation thread. If you want to s*** about samplers please do so but start another thread about that
Hm, I fight for the right to comment on DAS plugins just like we wanne do (good or bad).
The same here...there are no 'appreciations' threads...just expect the unexpected :-)
But -and at the same time- if one thinks Braincell is talking BS then just say so :-)
dawman

Post by dawman »

All opinions are welcome,

If you ever wish to perform live, you will see the real power of this platform.

I have tried some of my Giga samples cut down in STS, and though the sound was high quality, I would never use it live. It cannot load much content.

But a 1GB Fender Rhodes in STS, into a quality mixer, and hardware or DSP reverb w/ Auto Pan added, is stunningly realistic, and punishes that confined sounding Lounge Lizzard VSTi.

Use Scope w/ GVI / K2 and Forte as a host. Your DAWg will surely hunt.

Also check out Bowen synth design, SpaceF, Celmo, Wolf, and some of the other 3rd party guys. Don't think because they sell their products at prices similar to weaker quality VSTi's that they are cheap. Warp69's reverb is praised here, and for 100 USD, that's a sore dick deal,....it can't be beat.
braincell

Post by braincell »

No matter what the topic of the thread is, I was responding to the statement that the Scope platform is more interesting than VST. That is a lie!

Creamware didn't make their platform open for 3rd party developers only to their friends as I understand it and even if they did, the price is so high for Creamware cards and the distribution so miserable that it would not make a difference.
hubird

Post by hubird »

braincell wrote:No matter what the topic of the thread is, I was responding to the statement that the Scope platform is more interesting than VST. That is a lie!
a lie or a different opinion?
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

braincell wrote:No matter what the topic of the thread is, I was responding to the statement that the Scope platform is more interesting than VST. That is a lie!

Creamware didn't make their platform open for 3rd party developers only to their friends as I understand it and even if they did, the price is so high for Creamware cards and the distribution so miserable that it would not make a difference.
I think the Creamware cards do cost alot but when i consider what all comes with the card purchase then i believe they are probably the best 'bang for the buck' out here. For instance Modular 3 comes with each card, how much is Reaktor, Vaz modular or Tassman? If one looks at the list of Synths and Effects that comes with the SCOPE cards and compare them to prices of Native plugins in the same league then the Creamware won't look so expensive. The most expensive part of SCOPE is adding extra dsp power depending on wich route you take. But i guess it boils down to personal taste and whether a individual sees the SCOPE plugins included with each card as high-quality or not, ofcourse if all the plugins included with the SCOPE cards are seen like poor quality freeware then yes SCOPE would appear waaay overpriced to that individual. And underpriced to the one viewing them as high-end.

As for distribution being miserable, i think the advertisement for SCOPE is not that great but i don't really see much wrong with the distribution, am i missing something?
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Yes, harsh verbage BC :)

That's my opinion. I gotta say, I'm more interested in Scope than VSTi - it's just the way I use my computer for music.

Welcome to you, mpodrug
braincell

Post by braincell »

I use both because I like to use huge sample sets. The rompers with hard drive streaming are absolutely amazing and I could not live without them. Being able to convert VSTi instruments tracks into wav files and automatically import them is a huge advantage. By contrast, the Creamware system is tedious to record because it's not integrated into the sequencer.
Crickstone

Post by Crickstone »

But a 1GB Fender Rhodes in STS, into a quality mixer, and hardware or DSP reverb w/ Auto Pan added, is stunningly realistic, and punishes that confined sounding Lounge Lizzard VSTi.
What samples are you talking about Jimmy? And I think Lounge Lizard is quite charming in some mixes...
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

braincell wrote:I use both because I like to use huge sample sets. The rompers with hard drive streaming are absolutely amazing and I could not live without them. Being able to convert VSTi instruments tracks into wav files and automatically import them is a huge advantage. By contrast, the Creamware system is tedious to record because it's not integrated into the sequencer.
Likewise i find my guitar and Jupiter 4 very tedious to record as neither are integrated into VST, what were Leo Fender and Roland thinking? And as for my vocalist...
:roll:

i think most would agree the STS range need an update, but like many you're using a VSTi sampler anyway so what's your beef? If it's that Scope doesn't work the way you like then maybe you need to be looking at a different system because i don't think of all the things SonicCore will that STS will be a priority. Maybe a laptop with Reason would suit your needs more.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

"By contrast, the Creamware system is tedious to record because it's not integrated into the sequencer."

You need to plug the virtual cables from your mixer into ASIO dest and press record on the Cubase Transport bar. Its not THAT tedious, but you have to listen through your composition in real time, which i surely understand some people dont like.