Question about freq 48/96khz

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

maky325

Question about freq 48/96khz

Post by maky325 »

Before everyone start with eye rolling let me tell you that this is clearly question about possibility and DSP balancing. I am aware on everything(pros and cons) working with 96, or 48 khz etc. But my question is this.(i have a bad enlgish but i hope you will "get" my question)

I am currently working in 96khz in Cubase. Working in 96khz does help me to get rid of aliasing in some VSTi synths. I know that creamware internal algos for synths are among best and there is no need to work in 96 khz with newest synths from creamware. I don have creamware card yet so i can not try. Can you run your cubase project in 96 khz and somewhere in scope software make for example minimax still to work in 48khz (to reduce unnecessary DSP hit) ?? So minimax is recorder in cubase in 96khz but internaly it is working at 48

Minimax is using oversampling probably (since there is no audible aliasing but there may be some other tricks too)so i dont care to run it at 96khz.. ...
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

from what I have read over at kvr, there is a vst plug-in called "oversampler", which gives you the ability to run vst plug-ins at higher sampling rates without changing the host sampling rate.

That would fill your needs.