Sample Oscillators via WAVE POOL

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Sample Oscillators via WAVE POOL

Post by dawman »

I always take the advice from certain members here, as their word has always been on the money IMHO.

For instance when someone says the Sanple Osc's are buggy, I stay clear. But I have been playing a patch calles Rompler Cutout for a while now and it seems quite stable. Maybe cause it was made by that Assaf guy, whover he is.

Since the sounds in the sample pool module are quite lame, I was wondering if I could replace thjose w/ my D50, Kyma, and kick butt Akai samples. I believe that that video game / soundbalster quality has it's place somewhere, but not in my rig. It reminds me of Pong, or the Commodore 64 stuff.

Could I drag and drop from Giga Editor into the sample pool module ? That way I could edit larger libraries by taking short single layered loops of great sounds, and dump them into Modular.

Tell Me This Is So..............................................................................................................

And If So...............................................................................................................................

So It Shall Be Wriiten, So It Shall Be Done.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

talking about the sample osc.

I`m not sure if the sample problem I have had may have something to do with the samples itself.

When adding looping points, I noticed that the JD800 sample pool has only 1 repeat loops whatever that means and my samples were set to endless looping.

Its to early to say this is/was my problem. But it could be that talking endless looped samples lead to my crashing/SFP errors problem.

I will look more into that. :)

At least I can say talking the mod 1 sample osc instead of mod2 sample osc makes no difference.
:P

to answer you question, I`m sure drag and drop does not work. You first have to add looping points and then save them as wav file. And then move these wavs into the sample osc, where you can easily exchnage them into your oscillators.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

there was talk here somewhere about a stable version of the sample oscs in one of the earlier sfp versions, is this so i can't seem to find the thread.
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well I know that all of my Zarg synths are using these rather effectively. The JD800 wavs are of good quality, but I have rather sicker needs as the Kyma, D50, and hopefully some old samples of vintage synths I have had for years from the Emulator days. There was a chap who worked at the Jeff Airplane / Joplin studio in San Francisco on Howard and 8th street, who had access to every synth back in the 80's and sampled a huge number of sounds inherent to those synths. I did manage to transfer those to 16 bit and they sound pretty good, but I want to send them to Giga Editor and fix 'em up to wav files there. I believe that there is little difference between the 16bit waves, and the 24bit ones.

I can convert to WAV w/ little trouble, and make the MB sizes appropriate, and single layered, as oppossed to the ridiculous amounts of content in libraries these days.

I will be busy w/ Modular every night after my day gig.

It is rather addicting, and with all of the ready to play content that's available, there's no stopping.

It was a wise move to have playable patches for guys like me who are lame, but I am coming along and since we now have an excellent tutorial, time is all it will take.

Be Free,.........Be Modular,