SSL 9000 : I need advice plz

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

claudioD

SSL 9000 : I need advice plz

Post by claudioD »

hello,

is there anyone that would recommend me the SSL9000 ?
How would you compare it to SSL 4000 from Waves ?

thx in advance
manu

Post by manu »

Are you talking about Digitalaudiosoft SL 9000 channel strip ?
if yes ,SSL4000 from Waves sounds more clearly from 3khz to 7khz.DAS sounds better on low -frequencies.I have bought SL9000.Why ? good price and lots of possiblities ( sames algo as Waves ).
I have received SL9000 Master comp V2 and SL bi-mode :) what is appreciable taking into account the quality of these 2 compressors.( SL bi-mode in tube mode reacts better than Vinco )

Manuel
claudioD

Post by claudioD »

so you would suggest to buy SSL9000 , yes ?
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

SSL9000 should sound better than waves native. maybe because its native.
but amazing the price is too high @ $2000 :P
manu

Post by manu »

firubbi wrote:SSL9000 should sound better than waves native. maybe because its native.
but amazing the price is too high @ $2000 :P
The question sould be : does Waves SSL4000 or Digitalaudiosoft SL9000 sounds like a true SSL 4000 ? I don't think so but i'll ask my friend to know .I have tested Waves SSL4000 on a Digi002R with protools and I prefere Waves ( excuse me Eric ).

@Claudio

I have listen your music on myspace,sounds good :wink:
I can't tell you if you have to buy DAS SL9000 ( and not SSL9000 ) instead of Waves SSL4000.I think that 99 euros for 3 very good plugins, is a very good deal and i have done it .One point,you should download the pdf because Waves or DAS are a bit complicated to understand.

Manuel
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

hi

does the ssl 9000 come with some instruments/voices presets like the
waves ssl4000?
manu

Post by manu »

None of DAS plugins have voices preset.Eric and Olive say that, as sound engineer ,they never use preset .I think they are wrong because lots of customers are not sound engineer ! Anyway,an eq is an eq and a compressor is not a reverb a snare drum ,for exemple, has never the same sound :wink:
The pdf is rather intuitive.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

hi

presets are good startin point and i need them
lots of good presets save time when i mix a tune
i am a medium musician and a amateur sound engineer :D
i think every pro device could give startin pont :P
anyone have try to copy waves ssl presets on the DAS ssl 9000?
how they sounds good?

ciao
digitalaudiosoft

Post by digitalaudiosoft »

hi,

uman is right.no preset files but you can make it of course all parameters are store.
we prefere pass long time on a devellopement of a good plugin instead of long time in making preset files.if someone want to make one, it's welcome.
i use waves ssl4000 and urs plugins on protools tdm,and they sounds very good,better than mine on high med freq but das sl9000 sounds better on low freq. it's true.now ,if you have 2000 euros and a protools you should buy waves or urs...
i work on a true old ssl4000 console ,and ,i think (and olive too) that it's not possible to make the same sounds on a plugin ,as on a true hardware.the only things we can do is to have the best approach.sl9000 is a good plugin on a good hardware that is creamware.for example,3 of all rmx160a customers have recognize a true ams/neve rmx16 hardware...(they are sound engineer like me...) that enough for me.

bye

eric

ps: das sl9000 not ssl9000,ssl is for solid states logic...