Flexor II Module Expectations

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

Dear ReD_MuZe,
How about a small teaser of
information that we can expect to see in Flexor II. Sorry about busting your balls, it is in my nature.

If U R A Modular Complexor, U Cannot Live
Without Flexor!!!!!!!!
Lima

Post by Lima »

I'm also really interested in having futher information about it!!!

:roll:
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

i think we should consider it a bonus if it ever is released!

no bad intentions with that remark, its just that red is doing good in other areas at the moment as far as i know, so he is kinda busy :smile:
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Is there anybody out there ??? :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

We will hear from Adern after while. He is in protection mode right now. Pray 4 his safety.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I pray...
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

flexor2 module list will be available shortly. in the mean while, if you have things you want for the system, this is the place to ask.

peace!
steffensen

Post by steffensen »

selfoscillating filter alternatives? or something like that, would be nice to play with. :smile:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

True stereo versions of every module (well the ones which would be worthwhile in a stereo synth or fx architecture anyway). I think the system would be improved & probably streamlined if modules are available in stereo format as well as mono where relevant.

I'm a bit dissapointed that so many of the stock CW modules don't have text entries for all of their parameters. There's absolutely loads of parameters on lots of the modules in there which need controlled over midi to get any idea of what value the pots are currently at. If every single parameter had a text entry or even just a central display module (virtual LCD) which gives a real-time read out of parameter values as you tweek them, then we would have a much deeper (more accurate) level of control when building & tweeking patches.

Another point worth a mention is pot/knob size for parameters such as course tuning of an OSC. It would be nice to see some larger controls for such params as it would give a nicer feel & greater degree of tuning accuracy without resorting to midi control.

That's all for now, but I might add more as it comes to me :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2006-09-01 16:30 ]</font>
decimator

Post by decimator »

I'am in lack of bipolarity ... would like pitch bipolar modifiers and mixers + something like that : http://www.ear-group.net/model_14.html quite a smart multi-purpose module, also model 17

VC mixers like Doepfer A-135

Something like the A -143-1.

A Track & Hold

" Multiple " module a little like the 1x8 switch but without the switch option and one model with bipolar outputs, one with sweeping option ( well it's a little the A-152 )

Merging the diode, half inverter and such into one " multimaxiverter " module with or without the switch option ( multiple outs at once )

Well merging old CWA into compact multi-uses modules in the spirit of hardware like dual ringmod and such to gain GUI space.

Squishing as most as possible modules like Val Freeze, GUI space again

Fade mod for granular sequencer

Gfx on / off for Hyper note sequencer ( despite there's not too much space left )

Sample delay mod.

On top of my head for now ... :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: decimator on 2006-09-01 11:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: decimator on 2006-09-01 11:10 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

On 2006-09-01 11:01, decimator wrote:
Well merging old CWA into compact multi-uses modules in the spirit of hardware like dual ringmod and such to gain GUI space.
Yeh!! I've been thinking for while now, why not have like Quad LFOs, ADSRs etc.
Sample delay mod.
This idea and any similarly unusual ones (more weird modulation possibilities which are abundant) would b killer additions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2006-09-01 14:39 ]</font>
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am just a performer who wishes his knowledge would increase through more study and help from the ModGodz. I can say this, I know what is fat and love to watch people jerk their heads around when the beast strikes. I don't know what to ask 4, but I will make sure that the SPL's are punishing.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Another issue I have with the modular is having no multi OSCs which have multiple waveform outs like you find on almost every old & new modular system including Clavia's. Instead, we're stuck with needing seven different modules to build an OSC with seven shapes & seperate outs for each shape. This is poor use of space & missing out on one of the real beauties of modular synthesis.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

NRPN to CV module.

Some physical modelling OSCs. IE:- Plucked, bowed & hammered string, brass, bell, reed etc. You know, kinda like the prophecy & yamaha VL.
decimator

Post by decimator »

Yeah, I'am with Shroomz for multi outs for OSC and also LFOs like take MultiLfo A with " all outs " + non - integer ratios and possibility to hardsync

Also a bi-phase and tri-phase ( sine ) LFO with modulation on phase and on non - integer ratios and outputs for 1+2 1+3 2+3 1+2+3 and 1*2 1*3 2*3 1*2*3

j9k made a quite handy 8 X 8 mixer matrix with bipolar knobs but it eats some DSP, I wonder if DSP load could be reduced ... or a 4 X 4, 6 X 6 made.

Ah, also a Freq multiplier mod
Lima

Post by Lima »

I'm with shroomz and the others. :grin:
I would add the following:

A buffer

A small oscilloscope

A "scale module" wich quantizes the pitch of the input according to a selected scale (ex CMaj, D pentatonic, chromatic etc...).

A "scale table module" which can be attached to the previous one and where the user can adjust his own scale.

Some smaller info modules like the "multipeak 4-6-8": you have in a single module 4 or 6 or 8 peak meter saving a lot of workspace.

Hmm... I have to think now... :smile:
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

Hey Guys, there are alot of suggestions so ill try to be brief as possible:
selfoscillating filter alternatives
u got it
True stereo versions of every module
I know that the system has phase problems, and stereo modules would be welcome. unfortunetaly, dsp limits will not allow enough poliphony for the modules, another problem is that with a stereo module you can do much less than with 2 mono ones. im sorry but for now it is off the table :smile:
I'm a bit dissapointed that so many of the stock CW modules don't have text entries for all of their parameters.
well i will be adding a midi desplay for you to see the midi stream of the controller of your choice this will save alot of space. adding texts to the modules will just make them bigger.
Another point worth a mention is pot/knob size for parameters such as course tuning of an OSC.
there are already two types of knobs. it doesnt matter how big it is if your using circular motion then you get the resolution of your screen (more resolution as far you are from the knob)
VC mixers like Doepfer A-135
u got it!
" Multiple " module a little like the 1x8 switch but without the switch option and one model with bipolar outputs, one with sweeping option ( well it's a little the A-152 )
Voltage Controlled Switch?
u got it!
Something like the A -143-1.....Merging the diode, half inverter and such into one " multimaxiverter " module with or without the switch option ( multiple outs at once )
in analog you dont need to worry about dsp limitations. however this is digital domain and we could all use as much dsp as possible without leaving any unused modules to ocupy it.
when we will not have dsp limits, then modules of this sort will be very welcome, and even better dynamic modules (you can select how many envelopes you want...)
A Track & Hold
whats that?
Squishing as most as possible modules like Val Freeze, GUI space again
we try our best :wink:
Fade mod for granular sequencer
you got it!
Gfx on / off for Hyper note sequencer ( despite there's not too much space left )
just for the step indicator?
Sample delay mod.
you have phase mod which is actualy a modulatable delay. the sample delay crackles when modlated
Another issue I have with the modular is having no multi OSCs which have multiple waveform outs like you find on almost every old & new modular system including Clavia's.
again we have an issue of limited dsp at the moment. clavias system is not as modular as scope, and modularity requires more dsp...

ok this is getting too long. ill post continue in another one...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ReD_MuZe on 2006-09-02 04:01 ]</font>
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

I'am in lack of bipolarity ... would like pitch bipolar modifiers and mixers + something like that : http://www.ear-group.net/model_14.html quite a smart multi-purpose module, also model 17
everything here is possible with modular3 modules and flexor
NRPN to CV module.
will have to research that.
Some physical modelling OSCs. IE:- Plucked, bowed & hammered string, brass, bell, reed etc. You know, kinda like the prophecy & yamaha VL.
pysical modeling is pattented. but comb filters are not :wink: you will have several tools for that.
Also a bi-phase and tri-phase ( sine ) LFO with modulation on phase and on non - integer ratios and outputs for 1+2 1+3 2+3 1+2+3 and 1*2 1*3 2*3 1*2*3
im not 100% sure what you mean.
j9k made a quite handy 8 X 8 mixer matrix with bipolar knobs but it eats some DSP, I wonder if DSP load could be reduced ... or a 4 X 4, 6 X 6 made.
you got it!
Ah, also a Freq multiplier mod
whats that?
A buffer
thats a delay
A small oscilloscope
sorry its impossible for me atm.
A "scale module" wich quantizes the pitch of the input according to a selected scale
ill have to research on that a bit
Some smaller info modules like the "multipeak 4-6-8": you have in a single module 4 or 6 or 8 peak meter saving a lot of workspace.
you got it!

guys keep em coming! there were some very good suggestions here!
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

I understand the will for combined modules.
it saves up space, and is easier to control...

the problem is, i cannot make a multimode oscilator without taking more DSP. and if your not using all of the shapes it would be a waste.
flexor has a problem that each module has to fit 1 dsp.
so it is actualy "waisting" more unused dsp anhow.
so for the time being combined modules are off the table.
sorry :smile:

i can however say, that flexor2's new moules will offer yet another whole new range of sound possibilities. brace yourself!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ReD_MuZe on 2006-09-02 04:31 ]</font>
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

New sampler-modules would be great, if they use fewer DSPs the modular-sample-modules use way too much DSP. The first simple sampleplayer was so fantastic light on DSP... something like this for modular would open the possibilities to build new customized samplers.
... I'm not too optimistic with that... should be very difficult somehow to build such a module...

hm... I just have an idea... oh, maybe I can do something too ;o)...

Martin