can't believe it!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

I'm a new scope user, just a few weeks. But I'm amazed at the difference in sound quality, even running a stereo mix into scope from cubase and mastering it there sounds so much better than what I was getting before. Things are more clear and defined and separated, it's great. Do you all find the same thing? I read some posts where people said there isn't much difference in the sound quality between scope and cubase, but there seems to be a big difference to me.
wayne

Post by wayne »

I believe you are correct :smile:

Welcome, and enjoy!
garyb

Post by garyb »

good ears.
8-Bit

Post by 8-Bit »

A lot of people seem to be saying "mix in SFP, not in Cubase". I've been mixing in cubase since i got my new setup running. I have been considering to run all my tracks ASIO back into 2448 and mixing in SFP but I'm still so unsure about it. I'm buying a mackie control universal and its 'tuned' for cubase/logic mixing. I'd hate to fart around forever trying to get it to sync/vibe well with SFP mixing.

Maybe this question could help me: Is the volume/level mixing in SFP the only aspect of automation should be considered? I know there is a converter on planetz that converts the pitchshift data to midi CC so you can control it with Mackie control. But what about vice versa? The data sent back out needs to be PITCH because the mackie control has flying faders and reacts/moves with your track.
/**/ 8-Bit /**/
Liquid Mathematics
garyb

Post by garyb »

it doesn't have to be all or nothing. you can still use scoope for summing and bussing scope and external effects and 'verbs while automating mustes and volumes in cubase....
AltMR

Post by AltMR »

On 2005-03-18 06:44, garyb wrote:
... you can still use scoope for summing and bussing scope and external effects and 'verbs while automating mustes and volumes in cubase....
Yes.
In my opinion this is the best configuration.
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

that's what I'm going to do, use cubase for the mixing & automation but run it through scope still. Bus each track out, it's worth it to get the sound.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jah Servant on 2005-03-18 08:16 ]</font>
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Hi Jah, and welcome to the Z forums! I have been saying that for years already... I am glad you can also hear this. It realy is a nice sound, I find it quite warm too, :smile:
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

thanks Nestor, it really is a great sound & warm, like you said. I can hear things that I wasn't hearing before at all. It seems to be bringing out everything.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I have had it for many years, and I still could repeat what you have just said in this last post... :grin: It really drives me mad of joy
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

On 2005-03-19 10:37, Jah Servant wrote:
thanks Nestor, it really is a great sound & warm, like you said. I can hear things that I wasn't hearing before at all. It seems to be bringing out everything.
:wink:
MrV

Post by MrV »

Hello ,
Yes , have to agree .
I use SX or Nuendo as my "tape deck" bussed
into Scope then use elements of both SX and Scope for mixing .
Much better results with Scope than SX alone + very I'm happy with this setup.
I do a little level automation from SX but that's about it ....SX eq not great ...most mixing done in Scope.
Cheeers,
Michael
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

The difference between the SX eq and the Scope eq is huge.
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

Right choice Jah Servant. this forum is also great like creamware cards :lol

thanks