PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

topaz

Post by topaz »

On 2002-03-06 12:56, topaz wrote:

Hi again Subs,

here

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/pu ... %26.view=t

is 13 MV,s @ 4ms now im not claiming that this is glitch free, far from it there are clicks and pops @ 4ms better @ 7ms but still there..

slots used are 2 and 3 both forced to irq-9

On 2002-03-06 09:58, subhuman wrote:
topaz, that is really amazing results, which I never have duplicated. Let me know which slots you're using for your cards! You're the first person to report so many on that platform, maybe you could take a screen shot with a dynamixer in the project (showing audio levels), and the DSP meter showing? Not that I don't believe it, but... :wink: Also, if the 1 person who had a working nForce could do the same, it would be sweet!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: subhuman on 2002-03-06 09:58 ]</font>
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: topaz on 2002-03-06 13:49 ]</font>
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: topaz on 2002-03-06 14:07 ]</font>
WayneSim

Post by WayneSim »

On 2002-03-06 13:52, topaz wrote:

Hi again Subs,

here

is 13 MV,s @ 4ms now im not claiming that this is glitch free, far from it there are clicks and pops @ 4ms better @ 7ms but still there..

On 2002-03-06 09:58, subhuman wrote:
topaz, that is really amazing results, which I never have duplicated. Let me know which slots you're using for your cards! You're the first person to report so many on that platform, maybe you could take a screen shot with a dynamixer in the project (showing audio levels), and the DSP meter showing? Not that I don't believe it, but... :wink: Also, if the 1 person who had a working nForce could do the same, it would be sweet!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: subhuman on 2002-03-06 09:58 ]</font>
This link don't work
topaz

Post by topaz »

it does work just click on it.

unless of coarse you are not a member of this group ?

This link don't work
On 2002-03-07 02:04, WayneSim wrote:
On 2002-03-06 13:52, topaz wrote:

Hi again Subs,

here

This link don't work
Drum-Maker

Post by Drum-Maker »

Hi, i'm back, but i can't test my A7V266-E with more than 4 masterverb, because i've only a Luna 2, but next moth I buy a XTC, then maybe i should change my motherboard :<

Is really interesting what is going on with these motherboards!!

I've a hope in Nforce, maybe ... could open more than 10 Mv ... but....

Cheers
johnwho

Post by johnwho »

Hi all,

I have the VIAKT266A chipset and with a little tweaks I get 3 masterverbs on my Luna2 card. I dont know if it's good or bad but I read that a lot of people can only get 2 so I guess it's working fine now. Pci latency patch and VIA 4 in 1 driver insalled from (www.viahardware.com). I have also testet the AMD chipset with the same result (3 masterverbs)
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

You can't tell the difference between any platform with just 3 DSPs...
Rob van Berkel

Post by Rob van Berkel »

Sub: what (low dsp-)mixer should one use to mixdown e.g. 9 MV's? Will any 3DSP platform be applicable for the tests?

Rob
at0m

Post by at0m »

Low dsp mixer: I use MicroMixer.

Of course, if you have only 3 dsp, you can only test your motherboard for a couple of MV's. But that still tests your motherboard: some decks cannot provide enough bandwidth for one or two MV's!
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
Kenf

Post by Kenf »

Hello
I have noticed that there are pulsar users on the creamware forum claiming that the new 4in1 drivers from via and a pci patch solve the pci overload problems.
Here is a copy of posting from creamware forum:
Hi all,
after reading the result of the tests with new 4in1 4.37 Driver, PCI-Latency Driver and Controller driver, I have installed them.
Now problem with the PCI-Overflow is gone.
I have a Pulsar 1 on a Asus A7V-board, now it is possible to load 5 Masterverbs , STS-4000 with 5 voices, prisma,and dynamic-mixer for example.
The new drivers you will found on the via-page and the latency-patch on tec-channel.

Regards
Kenf
madsun

Post by madsun »

hello,
i posted a question about which mobo to choose for a socket a, but nobody replied :sad: . since i'm quite new of this forum, i thought "maybe this is an item i should put in the suggested hardware for creamware" thread, that is the one more concerned to my questions, or maybe there was a lack of informations about something in my post to receive an adequate reply? sorry for posting again,
love and respect to everybody

hello guys,
i read until now, that for socket A and with creamware a lot of people seems to work very well with the following mobos: msi k7n420 pro, asus a7 m, gigabyte ga 7dx.
my new configuration will be with an amd xp 1700, and i will work with my Pulsar II in my home studio; so recording guitars, etc, probably using real time pulsar effects, and using P. synthesizers too.
so, which mobo to choose (yes i read all the threads concerning chipset test, suggested hardware, etc.) ?
some specifical questions raises up to my tired mind at the moment, but every general suggestion, or personal experience would make me happy.
ga 7dx: it s better to disable onboard audio? the bios works well?

msi k7n 420 pro (chipset nvidia): thi one has 10/100 base t ethernet integrated, as well as 2d graphic. I'll need net board, cause i will dedicate one pc only to audio, then link this one to the other pc. it's better to have this kind of card integrated, because it don't uses the pci bus, isn't it? as i will use a matrox 450 dual head should i disable (if possible) the graphic functions of the chipset- beacuse it lean on ram to work??
also in this case should i disable the onboard audio?.
here seems decisely that the bios is not the best thing of this board: no heat monitoring, no frequent updating from the manifacturer- am i wrong?
but also, seems that with this board some users can load a lot of masterverbs.. with wich configuration?

a7m. i know it's stable. maybe i should go for that way. i'm quite tired about asus politics right now, and this board cost a lot much more then the mentioned - and seems it's becoming a bit "old".. - am i too fashioned from the "new" stuff?
in the end i'm quite impressed actracted right now from the new microstar mounting the SIS 745: the msi 745 ultra.

i've seen a lot of benchmark with the precedent chip, the 735, showing that it was going great in general and in particular when using pci bandwidht. Here in planet z Sub said that he woul waited until some top quality board manufactor would mounted the following brother, the 745 to test it. in the technical reference of this board (msi 745) we can read that "the multi threaded architecture provides enough I/O bandwidht up to 1.2 gigab/se" --- is this a very very good bandw. isn't?

searched all around the web to find some benchmark related to this mobo, but, maybe i was unlucky -- or the board it's not distributed yet-- Would be so dangerous to buy before waiting some testing months??

ALOHA,
every suggestion wellcome !