Mixing and effects tips and tricks..

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Vince Clarke

Post by Vince Clarke »

Anybody out there who could direct me to a web page with good, solid info on mixing and effects techniques.. Im looking for things like: What eq settings to use for kick dr, snare drums. Eq settings for vocals etc... Basically tips and tricks for getting the most out of your mix.. Preferrably on dance of electronicly generated music. Any help would be greatly appriciated :smile:
Shifty

Post by Shifty »

Hang on a minute, weren't you in Yazoo?

Anyway, there's lots of good stuff here:
http://www.intermusic.com/defaultfeatur ... reType=TUT
Vince Clarke

Post by Vince Clarke »

He, he... Vince clarke was in yazoo that much is correct. But do you think he needs info on things like mixing?? Im a lifelong fan of his work, but sad to say i have only stolen his name for my username. But I have meet him if thats any comfort... Thanx for the info :smile:
garyb

Post by garyb »

your ears are still your best information as there are no solid rules that apply to every situation regardless of the style. one bit of advice is that it is normally best to do your eqing with cuts rather than boosts as this sounds more natural and allows mixes to sit together,however, this is not a hard and fast rule. anything that sounds good is good.