mIII module wishlist

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

hello list,
why not start a module wishlist?I know these Sfp developper guys and CW are just waiting on something like that...
ok, joke.I think j9k is the only one who created a cool m3 module in the last couple of months.And this one (a FOAM version for the modular) is the first one I want to start with:
- a modular FOAM version that outputs INSIDE the patch window, not on the midi out, so you can lfo-, envelope- & whatever-control everything in the patch, including delaytimes.
- a sample osc where you can set the start points and modulate it.What about loop positions?
- a notch eq which cuts off really everything except the freq's you want
- vocoder analyse/synthese modules that sound good.I mean, I could only get rather crappy sounds out of the original ones by CW.
Btw/OT:Is it possible that the Vocoder2 device by CW does not work in the Sfp 3.1 environment?In version 3.0 everything is ok.Sound is much better than the modular3 voco but dsp load is much higher...
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

There was a huge wishlist on the Z before the Mod-III update. Apparantly CW looked at it, and whether because of that or just by coincidence, a small number of the suggestions made it into Mod-III.

My main wishlist items are the same as last time...

* Better sequencer modules ( look at Reaktor !). The existing modules are absolutely useless and a total embarassment. No one uses them.

* Wav export of sequencer patterns. This is now standard on even very low end systems. SFP needs this function somewhere !

* Drum synth with pitch modulation input

* Multi-segment envelope with BMP-based snap-to grid. What use are 128 steps if you can't sync them to anything ?

* Better "wrap" mode. The 16-knob option is OK, but rarely used because you can't control many complex devices with 16 knobs. And if the device is simple then you don't need to wrap it. I'd like a mode where you have a bmp base of any size, then can drag and drop the knobs around this base. I'd even be happy if they were the exact control knobs and buttons from Mod-III, but on a transparent background. It would be fantastic ! :smile:
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I just thought of a wish. (ok, it's not my birthday yet)

How about some math modules? Add, multiply, esponents, trigonometry.. etc. And clock, audio (volume), control signals can be used as variables. Sometimes the Scale module isn't good enough. And I'm not about to try to use the FM module for simple multiplication. Besides, FM multiplies against a sin wave.

And also a counter of some sort would be cool. Like:
for every time LFO1 oscillates 100 times, LFO2's rate increases by 10, up 'till LFO2's rate reaches 50. (then you start over again, or start counting backwards) A basic "if then" type statement can be implemented.

Basically, it'll be cool if there was a huge module, 16 audio in, 16 CV in, 16 logic in, and the same number of outs.. and then a text field in the middle where you can program all sorts of "if then" or "else" statements using math expressions and variables like "audio in 2". Would be cool if the whole thing was C compatible or maybe just some easy scripting language. If MTC or clock "clicks" could be used, I think you can write a lot of BPM synced algorythms. And then you can "compile" it into a module of your own. heh, it's starting to sound like DP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2003-03-06 14:17 ]</font>