DAW Win 10 64 new installation, GLITCHES!

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Re: DAW Win 10 64 new installation, GLITCHES!

Post by Nestor »

Computers have a mind of their own.

I have just re-enabled EIST and hyperthreading, loaded a 40 track project with 33 VST plugins, some of theme quite heavy, and nothing..., everything is perfectly in time and without any glitches. Thank you for your advice Rafe, it worked :)
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
valis

Post by valis »

As I mentioned, with modern OSes and CPU’s, the only thing I do is toggle the power profile to high performance before owning Scope. I can fully load all 26 DSPs across 3 cards with 100% stability. 2015 era quad core Xeon
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

valis wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:12 pm As I mentioned, with modern OSes and CPU’s, the only thing I do is toggle the power profile to high performance before owning Scope. I can fully load all 26 DSPs across 3 cards with 100% stability. 2015 era quad core Xeon
That's great! Every bit of power be welcomed for sure.
valis

Post by valis »

In this case, it's still recommended to limit TURBO states to the ones that include all cores rather than the higher TDP ones that focus on 1-2 cores, as was mentioned previously (or in another thread, I forget). I do this in the BIOS/EFI.

However I do NOT eliminate any sleep states, as the Operating System control with modern CPU's achieves the same thing. You can verify this using third party tools (all cores are prevented from the deeper sleep 5/6 states, any enough cores are kept from sleeping altogether that I have no issues with PCI bandwidth).
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I use some slight push to the CPU, not to the RAM nevertheless, but stable too here, don't want to get overly complicated either. I can do most of what I want to, so I'm rather happy with this states of things.