Mixbus 32C

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Re: Mixbus 32C

Post by Nestor »

I will have quite a few songs to mix, but this is going to be in a long time as I am building them right now. Cheers for all :)
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
dante

Post by dante »

Harrison is da bomb for classic rock, even though the Floyd were hybrid analog/digital in '87 (basically Gilmour in his houseboat with his 24 track digital recorder and a bunch of musical luminaries). The drop bass was a challenge till I found a VST that could add 2 more lower strings ! No more downwards pitch bending. Upon research I found that the bass player on the 'Momentary Lapse' album was Tony Leven incl Chapman Stick. Figures.

Nestor

Post by Nestor »

So cool Dante! :D

Agreed with that one, Mixbus it is great for Rock and similar sounding materials.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:19 am ... till I found a VST that could add 2 more lower strings ! No more downwards pitch bending. Upon research I found that the bass player on the 'Momentary Lapse' album was Tony Leven incl Chapman Stick.
Which VST did you find,- a cool Chapman Stick plugin ?
I love T.L. playing bass and Chapman Stick,- have seen several Peter Gabriel shows where he did,- also King Crimson w/ Bruford on drums and Adrian Belew on guitar.
In the 90s I recorded and toured w/ Ben https://www.discogs.com/artist/370901-B ... v=0&page=1 playing fretted and fretless bass, Chapman Stick and Moog Taurus II bass pedals.
Chapman Stick is a killer instrument I always enjoyed when it was in good hands.

:)

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:19 am
nice track b.t.w. !

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Thanks. I'm not 100% happy with the Gilmour Ping Pongs sitting over the top. Needs more work. Love the bass though, not bad for a freeby that got thrown in with either Amplitube or Orange Tree Evolution Rock Standard guitar (cant remember which)
modobass
modobass
modobass.jpg (241.33 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
But if you dont pick that up - Im gonna definately check this out :
Stick-vst
Stick-vst
stick-this-mr-levin.jpg (56.23 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:16 pm Thanks. I'm not 100% happy with the Gilmour Ping Pongs sitting over the top. Needs more work. Love the bass though, not bad for a freeby that got thrown in with either Amplitube or Orange Tree Evolution Rock Standard guitar (cant remember which)

modobass.jpg
When I bought IK Multimedia B3X, I got all of their freebies registered to my account and tried.
Mondo Bass and Drums are good, Amplitube, T-Rex etc. too,- but I deleted ´cause I already got so many in NI Komplete Ultimate CE occupying my fastest M.2 NVMe sample drive in my DAW.

But if you dont pick that up - Im gonna definately check this out :
dante wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:16 pm stick-this-mr-levin.jpg
That looks interesting,- thx.

Bud
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

What out! MODO BASS 2 is years away from vs 1, it is a VERY good option today, lots of controls, very good sound, you can edit in detail all sort of parameters to make it sound the way you want, VERY good FXs, etc., and it is very small compared with sample based libraries. I would say, highly recommended.
valis

Post by valis »

Thanks for the review Nestor, good to see you