forum instabilities ?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

nebelfuerst

forum instabilities ?

Post by nebelfuerst »

Not to mix this topic into other discussions, I just share my observations here:

On my last post, I wrote some text, uploaded some pictures and pressed "preview".
An error in plain text occured with something like the site being down.
Of course I had to remember my writings, as they were lost.
This happened within a period of 3 minutes.

One former post took 20min to write a few lines, as I was interrupted by lunch. 8)

So this doesn't look like plain timeout problems to me.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
Nestor

Re: forum instabilities ?

Post by Nestor »

Errors can occur for very many reasons in forums and the like, some of them being random. The internet is not perfect in its way of working.

Now, how much did you pay for participating in here?
Exactly!

Is is a product or a service you have hired through a contract or something like that?
Exactly!

This is simply a community of good will people, like the couple of guys that regulate and lead it for free for your benefit. We need to be tolerant with little details of the like and contribute without being unnecessarily noisy. You sound like a costumer of a subscription service that demands perfection because of the many dollars he has paid for it, but it is not the case. This is a free musician's friendship forum. Please, be nice and just write again what you have to say and be patient and grateful to this gift that is more than 20 years old already and that you can find in the middle of nowhere, that is: the internet :wink:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
valis

Post by valis »

I can show you the logs if you want, nothing has been unusual with phpbb, the slot hosting it or my overall webserver (0sec downtime in the last 14 months, and the only downtime prior was either from DDOS--which has mostly abated to be normal for any internet exposed box--or via a server move which has only occurred twice since 2006).

Or, you can donate and buy me a cup of coffee for the 5 mins I spent looking to make sure things have been solid the last 24-48 hours. :D
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

valis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:15 am Or, you can donate and buy me a cup of coffee for the 5 mins I spent looking to make sure things have been solid the last 24-48 hours. :D
:lol:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yup I think it definitely is related to how much you have donated to the Planet Z foundation
valis

Post by valis »

yayajohn wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:16 pm yup I think it definitely is related to how much you have donated to the Planet Z foundation
:P