Weird Panning Problem

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronnie

Weird Panning Problem

Post by ronnie »

I go thru Scope Pro ADAT via a MOTU u28 Mk II. When I use the MOTU audio outputs panning works fine. When I go through the Scope /MOTU ADAT, the right channel is silent. The meters on the Scope mixer shows the ADAT correctly. Cable connections are clean and light is bright both ways.

Using a Mackie Big Knob but it doesn't look like the issue is there as I checked and cleaned all the connections. I'm not ruling that out. though.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Ronnie
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
astroman

Re: Weird Panning Problem

Post by astroman »

Which Big Knob and at which position ?
(I assume the passive one, because Studio and Studio+ are USB)
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Yeah, passive one. First issue. Not sure what you mean by position? Thanks for the quick reply!
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
astroman

Post by astroman »

So the position of the Big Knob is on the Motu‘s analog outputs and it receives from Scope via Adat.
(if I understood correctly)
You can check the Big Knob by adressing the Motu directly as output of an audio app.
(which probably succeeds, as it‘s a plain analog device...)

Next step would be to trace the respective channel path on Adat, if it reaches the Motu and gets recognized, but I have no idea about the Motu‘s routing setup and capabilities.
Hint: lightpipe connections sometimes (rarely) simply block. Either re-plugging or power switch wakes them up again.
(I just had this a couple of hours ago. Sending meters showed activity, but nothing reached the destination... quit and restart Scope solved it)