Modular 3 sync problem.

Patch files for the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Ciairo

Modular 3 sync problem.

Post by Ciairo »

Hi everyone! I can't synchronize the BPM of Modular3 808 Groover with that of my DAW Reaper. I have read the Scope 5.1 manuals but to no avail. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance!
Claudio
djmicron

Re: Modular 3 sync problem.

Post by djmicron »

With Modular 4 there is a modular module called "VST Clock" that must be loaded inside the modular shell, then there is a VST plugin called ScopeVSTClock that must be loaded inside the DAW and it will send the clock information to the modular module.
WIth modular 3 you can send midi clock from your DAW to the Scope midi sequencer port then inside the modular you can load the midi clock module connected to the midi input of the modular. It depends on the DAW, with Reaper it only receives the clock when the DAW is playing and I have to use a clock divider to obtain the correct BPM.
Ciairo

Post by Ciairo »

Thanks a lot for the answer!! Now I do a test
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

"VST Clock" is perfect logic!

basically:
if the DAW and Scope are in the same audio-clocking system, then there shouldn't be any discrepancies when both systems are running at the same tempo.
The start trigger is important! comparable to two vinyls on a classic DJ ;)
Midi Note or CC can also trigger start gate.
i often work without a clock connection because there are sometimes too many fluctuations
(Clock Save always fluctuates around the master value because the slave doesn't know the tempo).

Ps.: dynamic tempo progressions are excluded from this workflow
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR