Checking forum settings

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Checking forum settings

Post by valis »

Hello all,

I have done a few things this week.

Doubled the amount of Private Messages for all users (your inbox/sent/outbox/etc are a combined sum). This should alleviate concerns for at least a year or two of having the inability to send or receive messages for longtime users.

Verified that there is no time limit for posting new posts, replies and/or private messages. All are set to 0 (no timeout) although this can cause the server to have higher loads from bots who attempt to spam the forum. It seems that the reply function does send you through a login, but still keeps a user related database field or two attached to that login even when the bot is ultimately unable to sign up or login. So, increased server load but I have ensured that there's zero issues with long posts (or posts you walked away from) being lost. If this continues to happen, please consider using a specific browser for more trusted sites/forums and run with reduced security. Disabling the browser and forum both from being able to store this form data, and blocking cookies etc, will still result in the inevitable timeout.

I pruned some users and posts who no longer existed, this reduced database size by about 10% in preparation from some backend updates.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season, I will enable the traditional holiday look here very shortly.
garyb

Re: Checking forum settings

Post by garyb »

thank you.
nebelfuerst

Re: Checking forum settings

Post by nebelfuerst »

+1
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///