S|C Scope v5.1.2709-x64 conflict coexisting with Avid Pro Tools v.2020 or later

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nick Georgoulis

S|C Scope v5.1.2709-x64 conflict coexisting with Avid Pro Tools v.2020 or later

Post by Nick Georgoulis »

Hello,

I've got a few pc machines with various audio interfaces setups using Pro Tools as my main DAW. On the machines that have S|C scope app installed- and regardless of having the scope boards connected or not- Pro Tools kept failing to launch. After some troubleshooting I found out that unless I uninstalled the S|C scope app (not necessarily the S|C drivers) PT2020 or later would stack on launch just before checking the audio hardware... Note that PT2019.12 and earlier work fine. All machines OS is Win10.

I am using the SONIC CORE_SCOPE_PCI_v5.1.2709-x64_EN scope version, and my HW are a Pulsar II and an SRB (total 12 DSPs )

Does anyone know a workaround, or happen to Know anybody using Scope v.7 with Pro Tools v2020 or later so as I'd consider upgrading or... retiring my Scope? :D

Best Regards
Nick
dante

Re: S|C Scope v5.1.2709-x64 conflict coexisting with Avid Pro Tools v.2020 or later

Post by dante »

I had a similar issue with Universal Audio Connect so I submitted a support ticket to UA and it got fixed. Due to the app trying to connect with Scope as a sound card or 32 bit ASIO instead of 64 bit. If you contact Avid they could contact SC and maybe fix it. GaryB gave UA the needed info.
Nick Georgoulis

Re: S|C Scope v5.1.2709-x64 conflict coexisting with Avid Pro Tools v.2020 or later

Hi dante.
You got it. The conflict comes right when PT is trying to connect with Scope... As about 32 bit ASIO instead of 64 bit you gave me an idea to uncheck the XTC mode in Scope settings but in vain.
So I'll follow your advice to contact Avid, mentioning GaryB for any needed info.
Thank you so much
Cheers
garyb

Post by garyb »

just send them to support.

yes, XTC should be unticked.
Nick Georgoulis

I sent a query to Avid Support, as well as to you Gary at S|C Support!!! :D :)
.. I did not realize it was you as moderator...I am loosing it :lol: :lol:

I shall keep you and the thread updated upon their response accordingly.
Best Regards,
garyb

Post by garyb »

it's a secret, that it's me....

i sent a reply, but Hotmail blocked it. i can forward my reply, if you send Support another address. please forgive me, but i cannot do support from this website, as SC and PZ are different entities.
valis

Post by valis »

Gary, fyi this is why I started having to subscribe to a 3rd party mail filtering service, and my guess is that S|C suffers from a similar issue. We can sideline about the security implications, but without it even DMARC, SPF & DKIM aren't apparently enough for the 'big boys' to allow smaller hosts to play ball on the email field.
garyb

Post by garyb »

Nick Georgoulis

ladies 8 Gentlemen nevermind the... Here's the response of Avid support. God save the ...King

[Hello Nick,
Thank you for contacting Avid Audio Technical Support.
Based on the given info, it appears that you're trying to use a third-party audio interface that has its own application alongside Pro Tools. Note that compatibility with third-party devices are up to the developers and manufacturers to make sure that it works alongside Pro Tools.
This is, since, we do not have the resources available for checking their program as well as their device to diagnose what's causing the issue with their program and Pro Tools. It would be best to check optimization and compatibility with them regarding this.
We also have our list of approved Audio interfaces, should you need a better one that would work best with Pro Tools. You can check them out here:https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/artic ... eripherals
Thanks.
Regards
King
Avid Global Customer Care