Kanye West is Buying Parlour

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

Kanye West is Buying Parlour

Post by Sounddesigner »

After Twitter banned West for his crazy rant that was a bit anti-semetic but mostly weird, he decided to buy his own Social-Media platform, wich is Parlour. The deal is expected to close in April next year.
I guess West decided to follow in Elon Musk's footsteps who is still currently barganing with Twitter's board to buy Twitter.

Parlour is a small platform truly centered on free-speach but can't grow much especially once it was attacked by Apple, Amazon, etc who stopped supporting Parlour wich caused it to go offline and disappeared for awhile.

Parlour needs Kanye for growth and survival just like Twitter needs Musk since it may be a smaller platform than it portrays itself.

Celebrity does matter and makes success easier. The big giants like Facebook and Youtube are'nt easy to compete with.

Kanye is known for having weird rants and appears borderline crazy at times but he still has some intelligence as well, in a odd way.
He certainly is essentric.
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
valis

Re: Kenye West is Buying Parlour

Post by valis »

He knows how to get attention with his rants, because they're out of the norm for his type of celebrity and he skirts the boundaries of inflammatory issues quite effectively. With Musk still potentially taking twitter, it's going to be interesting seas ahead.
yayajohn

Re: Kanye West is Buying Parlour

Post by yayajohn »

I recently heard that there was an awesome web forum called PlanetZ that covers all of your social media needs.
(and.....there's lots of great info on a great,timeless, God-like DSP platform)
:D :D :D
garyb

Post by garyb »

:D
valis

Post by valis »

Yep, our very own platform. Let’s skip the socialized and media based stuff and keep that in OT :)
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

yayajohn wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:42 am I recently heard that there was an awesome web forum called PlanetZ that covers all of your social media needs.
(and.....there's lots of great info on a great,timeless, God-like DSP platform)
:D :D :D
I agree, the above has to be stated as often as possible, and when it's not being stated and the info it covers is not being given we need a Kanye thread to get people here to state it, Glad to see people are talking now.

The controversial Kanye is good at breaking the silence, mission accomplished :) ..

Anyone knows what the Kardashians have been up to?
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valis

Post by valis »

Posting selfies I think
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I hope Kanye is abel to get Parlour going. It seems like it’s got the right concept of free speech. Hopefully it will be able to stave off the onslaught from the forces of oppression.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Kanye has the ears of many. He may rub some people the wrong way but he makes sure he keeps his speech free.. When the world is falling apart that much is needed...
at0m

Post by at0m »

So you take an open-source social media platform, rebrand it and remove all references to from where you grabbed the code, disable the federation so no other instances can join the network and then call it free speech. Cracked me up already.

As next hilarious move Parlour went on a banning spree, banning so-called leftists (does that even exist in the US? not if you ask the rest of the planet) for not agreeing with the ex chief. That's ok, too, for everyone gets to choose who they allow into their house.

At least it made my popcorn stocks go up :)
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
valis

Post by valis »

I think parler's attempt to move as quickly as they did (and relying on tech staff who made poor choices) don't necessarily reflect on Kanye's involvement. Judging by his methods of getting headlines right now, he doesn't need them to seek infamy.

The biggest issue is that people are split ideologically on purpose by those holding the purse strings. The number of people who think that I have issue with *them* BECAUSE they are "MAGA" is almost as high as the number of people who have issue with *me* because they think I Am "MAGA". Which I take to mean any perceived disagreement in ideological viewpoints is now seen as being an oppositional PARTY stance, rather than just attempting to use clearheaded thinking.

Ie, we're being more and more easily gamed and pushed into enclaves as a civilization. Someone should do something about that...
dante

Post by dante »

Society is like a mechanical hard drive. People become factional. Then becomes inefficient so someone runs a defrag to reunite and things are faster again - for a while. Then the cycle runs again.

Eventually all the defragging wears out the head mechanics and the whole system crashes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile back at the ranch corporate sponsors and affiliates dump Kanye in droves.