Reason 12 is almost here!

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Re: Reason 12 is almost here!

Post by Bud Weiser »

valis wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:33 pm Or just like to complain that they can't use something in the way the latest & greatest all them they have to. We were here at the beginning of the slaving of musicians to the technology cycle, and it continues unabated.

My biggest issue still remains: Time
Cannot agree more !

:)

Bud
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Waves just upgraded their StudioRack chainer channelstrip plugun, and it now Hosts ANY VST3 plugins from ANY developer and not just Waves plugins. This might be a good way to use VST3 plugins in Reason. I will definitely try it as StudioRack is a nice plugin on its own.

StudioRack can chain up to 8 Waves and Other developers plugins and has 8 Macros for controlling multiple plugins simultaneously. It gives any plugin Multiband, MS, Parrallel processing capabilities, and can do sidechain. It can offload Waves plugins to the Soundgrid server with near-zero latency.

StudioRack is a fit for me so i'll definitely try it with Reason since i believe it is VST2 and vst3 like the rest of Waves plugins. Waves have been slowly creating a complete Ecosystem for themselves with StudioRack, Superack (for Live Sound), Soundgrid Servers, and interfaces, etc.

StudioRack is a FREE plugin - https://www.waves.com/plugins/studiorac ... in-chainer
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Sounddesigner wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:12 am Waves just upgraded their StudioRack chainer channelstrip plugun, and it now Hosts ANY VST3 plugins from ANY developer and not just Waves plugins. This might be a good way to use VST3 plugins in Reason. I will definitely try it as StudioRack is a nice plugin on its own.

StudioRack can chain up to 8 Waves and Other developers plugins and has 8 Macros for controlling multiple plugins simultaneously. It gives any plugin Multiband, MS, Parrallel processing capabilities, and can do sidechain. It can offload Waves plugins to the Soundgrid server with near-zero latency.

StudioRack is a fit for me so i'll definitely try it with Reason since i believe it is VST2 and vst3 like the rest of Waves plugins. Waves have been slowly creating a complete Ecosystem for themselves with StudioRack, Superack (for Live Sound), Soundgrid Servers, and interfaces, etc.

StudioRack is a FREE plugin - https://www.waves.com/plugins/studiorac ... in-chainer
So, usable in Reason 12 only when running latest Waves v14 (Win10 /11) version ,- or offered the v9 / v10 the same VST3 hosting functionality for Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 too already ?
Does it run in Reason 11.4.3 ?

Bud
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I looked on Waves website Bud, and unfortunately Studiorack is only compatible with Reason 12 and with Regards to Waves plugins compatibility only v13 and v14 can run in Studiorack v14. Some of my Waves plugins are v12 wich mean i'll need to upgrade a few plugins for compatibility with Studiorack.

StudioRack also only runs on Windows 10 and 11, 64bit.

Waves plugins are usually the cheapest on the Market amongs comparable competition at around $29 and Studiorack is free, but i think you spotted the catch, wich is your forced to occassionally upgrade. Some people hate their system but i seem to get ahead so i don't mind it.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Sounddesigner wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:56 pm I looked on Waves website Bud, and unfortunately Studiorack is only compatible with Reason 12 and with Regards to Waves plugins compatibility only v13 and v14 can run in Studiorack v14. Some of my Waves plugins are v12 wich mean i'll need to upgrade a few plugins for compatibility with Studiorack.

StudioRack also only runs on Windows 10 and 11, 64bit.

Waves plugins are usually the cheapest on the Market amongs comparable competition at around $29 and Studiorack is free, but i think you spotted the catch, wich is your forced to occassionally upgrade. Some people hate their system but i seem to get ahead so i don't mind it.
Thank you !
I got the plugin serial because I still have an account @Waves,- and I recognized it is because I bought a Waves Renaissance special edition bundle in the past which I didn´t use anymore.
It´s v4 ! :lol:

So, in theory, I were able to use it together w/ Wavelab 4.01b on a Intel P4 WinXP machine,- but I read I cannot activate anymore what I bought in the past for 500 bucks,- just because their Waves Central installer doesn´t run on XP.
Instead they offer upgrading to WUP for a fee,- insane.
That´s what I hate when I read "Waves".

Anyway, I´ll test the plugin on my Win10 Lenovo workstation laptop which handles audio/MIDI fine.

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Reason has just released ver 12.2.8d49 which reportedly fixes issues with Radeon based cards. Dunno if my Gigabyte GTX1050 is Radeon based, but it seems to have fixed the issues !!

Will test more - but happy so far. :)

Update : 10 mins later. Nope. Works if the color scheme is set to 'Blue' but if I try to change it back to 'Normal' it blows up again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Going back to Reason 11....
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:32 pm Going back to Reason 11....
:D

Plz tell what´s in RSN 12 one urgently needs,-
"Mimic" (sampler) ?

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Urgent ? Nothing for me . That’s why I don’t mind going back to 11. From memory there’s some hi res graphic stuff, which is probably the cause of the issue. But yeah - the Mimic is cool but I’ve only used it twice 8)
dante

Post by dante »

My Reason 12 is fixed now. After PC kept bluescreening and not booting at all, I removed this sucker and replaced it. Now Reason 12 works fine :o
My Old Vid Card
My Old Vid Card
myvidcard.jpg (3.38 MiB) Viewed 721 times
dante

Post by dante »

Bud Weiser wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:18 am [

I´m a Reason 11 user ...
You CAN record and mix w/ Reason, but compared to other DAWs there are a lot of limitations.

And actually, there´s no VST3 support for plugins

Bud
There is now. VST3 Support for Reason just dropped......

https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

My Waterfall B3 now works in Reason and can 'learn' up to 8 parameters, so now mod wheel controls the Leslie Rotor speed

So Im a happy camper. :) :)