XITE not working anymore at once on 2 PC's?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

TOM.DJ

XITE not working anymore at once on 2 PC's?

Post by TOM.DJ »

Hi All,

Suddenly, my Xite1 is not detected as hardware anymore. Noting is changed in my configuration... So I have 2 PC's which were already configured and working, but now it doesn't even show up in the device manager. So after some checks, I switched from my (windows11) laptop with Thunderbold4 -> PCIe to my desktop with windows 10 and regular PCIe card, but same there?? It does not do anything. Green led is on on the device, and everything is connected as normal.

So maybe Microsoft did something on the driver signing or so, so it is not longer supported?

Main question, is my device broken, or do more of you experiencing this kind of behavior in windows 10/11 ???

Thanks!
valis

Re: XITE not working anymore at once on 2 PC's?

Post by valis »

Check hdmi cable?
Also contact support directly, we are only users here.
garyb

Post by garyb »

there is nothing in Windows that should make trouble like that.
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

I had this, occasionally. Cleaning the pcie card did the trick
TOM.DJ

Post by TOM.DJ »

Thanks guys. It is solved on my PCIe card machine.
The otherone seems to be another problem. Might have something todo with microsoft/dell suspending thunderbolt2 functionality due to security issues. I use the sonnet thunderbolt 2 device to connect the Sonnic Core Express-card to my laptop, because it is small with no fans like the other PCIe enclosures for thunderbolt. But it seems like I will have to get one after all. :-|

Thanks again!
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

So you have been using a thunderbolt to express card adaptor? I don't have a Dell (my laptop is Lenovo), but have been curious about this way of connecting the xite. Can you share how it worked, and which adaptor you used?

If it is MS/Dell, you might be able to roll back drivers to enable your thunderbolt once again.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

jksuperstar wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:33 am So you have been using a thunderbolt to express card adaptor? I don't have a Dell (my laptop is Lenovo), but have been curious about this way of connecting the xite. Can you share how it worked, and which adaptor you used?

If it is MS/Dell, you might be able to roll back drivers to enable your thunderbolt once again.
Your Lenovo doesn´t offer a PCIexpresscard slot ?

The Sonnet is this, unfortunately expensive, piece of gear:

https://www.sonnettech.com/product/echo ... rbolt.html

:)

Bud
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Thanks! My current Lenovo only has Thunderbolt3 (which is basically PCIe over and external connector, which is why I've always expected this to work for the XITE.)

Last I looked at these Sonnet devices, they only supported Mac, so it's good to see it supports PC now. I may find one of these to give it a spin .... It'd make for a very portable system (ie - backpack).