Hardware synths vs Scope synths vs Software synths

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

Re: Hardware synths vs Scope synths vs Software synths

Post by Sounddesigner »

valis wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:19 pm My favorite Banco De Gaia album is his first, which is very raw in terms of production values (home synths and cheap mixer). Likewise much of the early jungle and techno/trance were not made on stellar gear. Boring perhaps by some of today's standards, but production values != vibe anyway.
Yep, quite a few hits i know of was made with pretty modest gear like the Beattles 'Yesterday' wich was made on the cheap yamaha 4-track recorder, wich i had in the 90's and found to be very crappy. Michael Jackson used a Shure sm58 on one of his 70's album, it's a popular Mic but extremely low budget.

A lot of the music in the 1960's and 50's was certainly dirty and very dirty in some cases.Much of the drums and instruments was in a dirt-cloud from those era's but that did'nt stop great artist from making hits, some amongs the greatest of all time. I certainly prefer the sonic quality of the 70's/80's/90's but the annoying dirt cloud of the 50's-60's never stop me or many others from enjoying music of those eras. Really great Singers and Bands have a way of making you forget about the short-commings and just get lost in the performance.

Ironically the gear has gotten better and more affordable today but the talent has gotten worse IMO.
Bud Weiser

Re: Hardware synths vs Scope synths vs Software synths

Post by Bud Weiser »

Sounddesigner wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:40 pm
Ironically the gear has gotten better and more affordable today but the talent has gotten worse IMO.
^^^^^^^
THIS

:)

Bud