Wanting to purchase Creamware CDs

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Eiffel65Fan

Wanting to purchase Creamware CDs

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase the Creamware Sample CDs that came packaged with the Creamware Pulsar I from 1999 (the one that is labelled "Ultimate Sample Collection" and has a picture of a satellite dish on a blue background) and Pulsar II/PowerSampler from 2000 (the one that is labelled "The Sample Collection for Creamware STS Samplers", there were 2 versions of that CD [The first one from 2000 has a picture of a satellite dish on a red background and the other one is a white background with a red audio waveform on top of it, but I have no idea if both versions have exactly the same content]).

Both of these CDs are Akai format discs that are 400MB in size. Does anybody have any of these CDs that they would be willing to sell? As well as maybe the original software installation CDs for the Creamware Pulsar I and II and Powersampler? (Windows versions, not Mac!) I am Australian.
astroman

Re: Wanting to purchase Creamware CDs

Post by astroman »

I have the CD with the radio telescope picture (it‘s not a satellite dish ;) ) and assume you‘re looking for them as collector‘s items.
There‘s no special content on the disk, it‘s a collection of excerpts from various Best Service sampling CDs, probably what they used as demos for magazines, too.
The official license for use in your own music only applies to the original customer, no sales, no trades covered.
(doesn‘t matter anyway ... unless you score a million seller, but just for completeness)
You can have it for shipping costs, if no one from down under replies (I‘m from Germany).

cheers, Tom
valis

Post by valis »

Good man, Tom.

I still have mine and the manuals, and boxes... heck I have USB cables from 1999 as well. I even have a Cue Cat!
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

astroman wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:25 am I have the CD with the radio telescope picture (it‘s not a satellite dish ;) ) and assume you‘re looking for them as collector‘s items.
There‘s no special content on the disk, it‘s a collection of excerpts from various Best Service sampling CDs, probably what they used as demos for magazines, too.
The official license for use in your own music only applies to the original customer, no sales, no trades covered.
(doesn‘t matter anyway ... unless you score a million seller, but just for completeness)
You can have it for shipping costs, if no one from down under replies (I‘m from Germany).

cheers, Tom
Is it the one with the blue or red background?
astroman

Post by astroman »

here‘s a picture...
62A27567-9D55-405E-A3F2-B71308D35A9B.jpeg
62A27567-9D55-405E-A3F2-B71308D35A9B.jpeg (357.79 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

I may have the red one, and some other artifacts. Give me some time to dig really deep in my storage.
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

Hey, that was easy, I have the red one.
Also:
Creamware Scope 4.5 CD
Creamware June 1998 updates
Pulsar 1.0, 1.1, 2.04
Scope 3.1b, 3.1c
Blue sample disc

I don't even have a CD ROM drive anymore. All these discs range from pristine to fairly scuffed, and I'll send them to you if you like.

Takes me way back to first witnessing TripleDat in 1995? When I saw someone demoing a parametric EQ change of frequency and Q with just one hand on a mouse, while playing multiple tracks, on a 486 PC... Trivial nowadays, but I remember my head almost exploding with the excitement of the new possibilities and power at the time.
I think I would go to great lengths just to have the original TripleDat Osiris plugin running again; something so muscular and rubbery about that sub-bass enhancer... Or I'm just idealizing the past.

Cheers, Peter
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

astroman wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:09 am here‘s a picture...

62A27567-9D55-405E-A3F2-B71308D35A9B.jpeg
Thanks for the photo Tom.

After looking at it and after much thorough thinking, I have decided that I actually only want to purchase the software installation CDs for the Pulsar (1 & 2) and Powersampler (Windows versions only).
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

Peter Drake wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:35 pm Hey, that was easy, I have the red one.
Also:
Creamware Scope 4.5 CD
Pulsar 1.0, 1.1, 2.04
Scope 3.1b, 3.1c
Blue sample disc

I don't even have a CD ROM drive anymore. All these discs range from pristine to fairly scuffed, and I'll send them to you if you like.

Takes me way back to first witnessing TripleDat in 1995? When I saw someone demoing a parametric EQ change of frequency and Q with just one hand on a mouse, while playing multiple tracks, on a 486 PC... Trivial nowadays, but I remember my head almost exploding with the excitement of the new possibilities and power at the time.
I think I would go to great lengths just to have the original TripleDat Osiris plugin running again; something so muscular and rubbery about that sub-bass enhancer... Or I'm just idealizing the past.

Cheers, Peter
Which red one is it, the radio telescope version or the audio waveform version? Can you please reply with a picture of it like Tom's picture so that I know what I would be getting on the CD?
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

Radio telescope, I'm on mobile so photo attachment difficult.
Maybe this link will work
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TiH5EsmvTioSJakK7
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Would be great when this CD (red, blue, waveform- and radiotelescope- cover) could be uploaded somewhere.
Possible or impossible in a legal way ?

:)

Bud
astroman

Post by astroman »

It probably already is, but full content... not just excerpts.
On my picture above you can read the labels (in brackets) of the original CDs, a search engine will provide links ;)
(it‘s most likely illegal and may cause action because Best Service is still in business)
But just to peek and verify some content the Internet Archive has put up a solid collection of CDs.
https://archive.org/details/samplecds
(I found a couple of true gems there, and was quite surprised how good an MPC 4000 works as a translator) :D
dante

Post by dante »

Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:21 pm Some info and images :

https://www.scopeusers.com/ScopeRise/is ... s_mast.htm
Thx, the link to AKAI Pro Piano is dead unfortunately.

Anyway, I´ll try to find everything delivered in .sts format in the past.
Otherwise, converting samples w/ CD-xtract into .sts might become a task for upcoming winter.

Bud
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

Thanks everybody for their feedback! Does anybody know if the 2 different covered red sample CDs I talked about in the first post (one with radio telescope and waveform, the other with just a waveform) have exactly the same content?
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

Peter Drake wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:35 pm Hey, that was easy, I have the red one.
Also:
Creamware Scope 4.5 CD
Pulsar 1.0, 1.1, 2.04
Scope 3.1b, 3.1c
Blue sample disc

Cheers, Peter
I am only interested in the Pulsar 1.1 CD (if it is the Windows version), and I would be happy to continue your conversation in PM.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Bud Weiser wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:45 am
dante wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:21 pm ...Otherwise, converting samples w/ CD-xtract into .sts might become a task for upcoming winter.
i remember that Akai Stereo Pgm Panorama values are not converted correctly...
a very long winter could be necessary :wink:
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Spielraum wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:23 pm i remember that Akai Stereo Pgm Panorama values are not converted correctly...
a very long winter could be necessary :wink:
That´s a bit disappointing,- but as long as bugs are limited to sampler program settings,- these should be editable on STS level, then being stored forever when saving STS.
That can be done WHEN using a program.

Bud
valis

Post by valis »

Chickensys and the other conversion app (CDXtract?) both worked with varying degrees of (greater) success, as did I believe kontakt import then conversion.