Any differences in the ASIO driver between 5.1 and 7? VCV compatibility?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

MaartenM

Any differences in the ASIO driver between 5.1 and 7? VCV compatibility?

Post by MaartenM »

Hi all,

Brief intro - besides an old-fashioned 36-SHARC PCI scope system I have a reasonably-sized Eurorack modular. I couple the Eurorack to the PC via adat lightpipe, using an A16 and expert sleepers lightpipe I/O cards in the modular. This allows me to use scope to route audio and control voltages (total of 6 or 8) from the hardware modular into my PC and vice versa. Works a treat for example with Reaktor, so I can use Reaktor modules in combination with hardware, via Scope. This provides hours of fun, especially as Reaktor outputs 1V/oct compatible controls straight away (unlike the Scope modular which is much more difficult - but not impossible- to interface with eurorack hardware in this way).

I'd love to achieve the same with VCV Rack but it does not want to play, in my config, with the scope ASIO driver. I forget where exactly but I saw Valis state somewhere that het had the VCV Rack (old version) working with the Scope ASIO. I have not been able to get that combo working. Now, I'm still using Scope 5.1 (Win 10 64). I would love to get it to work, as the VCV modules include software versions of real interesting modules and it would be great to use them if only to "try before you buy", for example.

So long story short, has the Scope ASIO driver changed from 5.1 to 7 and if so, could that explain that I cannot get the old version to work? Other than this 5.1 still works OK for me and I don't want to update to 7 just to check....

Thanks,
Maarten
valis

Re: Any differences in the ASIO driver between 5.1 and 7? VCV compatibility?

Post by valis »

VCV rack is confirmed working here with V1 of VCV rack and Scope 7. GaryB can issue temp V7 licenses...
garyb

Post by garyb »

..if you write to support....
valis

Post by valis »

Oops. Thanks for the correction, will make sure to mention that in the future. :)