output-per-voice Poly shell

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

darkrezin

output-per-voice Poly shell

Post by darkrezin »

Hi,

Wondering if anyone made a poly shell with output per voice (say 8 or 16) instead of using Poly->Mono module and mixed output.

Would like to play with hybrid Scope / hardware modular polyphony. Sort of wanting to recreate a Waldorf M with the oscs in scope and hardware filters/envs/vcas

I don’t have Scope 7, only the previous version and its modular version.
fra77x2

Re: output-per-voice Poly shell

Post by fra77x2 »

i don't think it is possible.
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

fra77x2 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:36 am i don't think it is possible.
ah I see, good to know. Maybe SC would consider doing something like this for the next version - I can hope :D
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

I guess next step is to look into some poly note distribution software, i.e. to cycle notes around a few separate patches. All patches would have to be edited separately of course but since I only really need the oscs - 2-4 waldorf/whatever else, maybe some mixing, it would be ok to deal with.

I think I can probably find some native thing for the poly note distribution but is there anything like this in Scope ?
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

for scope as far as I know there isn't any. I have programmed one as a vst plug (voice to midi channel).
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

thanks for the replies on this :)

is the vst plugin you wrote publically available?
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

nope. It is not difficult to make. It is a midi voice allocation algo that outputs midi notes to different channels according to voice activated. There is also an envelope that measures time that should be set with same times like the envelope on the synth engines that controls the vca, so to properly free voices when released.

If you don't have programming skills I will send you the dll
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

Very kind of you to offer! But I think I found something which will do the job (XHIP Effects). I will try and do a video once I set this up because it could sound really cool. I like FM-ing the Waldorf oscs against each other (with small amounts of mod), unique sounds there, not sure you can do that with a Waldorf M :D

I still need to get a cpl more filters and envelopes for a 4-voice poly setup but I can try it out before that with 2 voice :)
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

gg. yes the waldorf oscillator is very nice.
valis

Post by valis »

Fwiw this is what made the Emu e4 popular in dnb circles ('neuro' bass). Same net effect, more or less.