Mix 12 - AttenuMixer- Free

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Mix 12 - AttenuMixer- Free

Post by spacef »

This device was already for all but only on my download section. I think it is a nice light mixer for live mixing sessions. 6 mono + 6 stereo + 3 aux.
ps: i would connect an asio mix to the Z inputs. Wave driver goes to W inputs.

This is a 'live session mixer", not a "song mix mixer".

-->>The principle of the mixer is that it has "no gain faders". Only "mix faders" from +0dB to -inf, but faders cannot add gain.
+12 dB Gain is available as a trim pot at the inputs of all mono and stereo channel.

-->> The absence of gain on faders is because this mixer is made to be used with Midi Controllers that have faders, so you can set the fader at max without a risk to distort the signal with gain. You can also mute a channel with faders rather than use mute buttons. It also allows very smooth fader transitions without the need for any envelope follower inside the device. So moving faders fast is not an issue (there is a small "lag" due to the smoothing effect, but it cannot be shorter that what it is right now, which is around a couple of miliseconds and is very useable - not useable for "scratch" though :-) )

-->> there is no "solo" as this is not an interesting function for live sessions where channels are muted/soloed with the help of volume faders most of the time. saves some ressources. Mute buttons are present to help in case soloing a channel is needed (in general, it is when you have a volume problem and need to remake the balance in relation to one channel. so you will un-mute each other channels one by one in the process anyway).

-->> you can solo the Z and W inputs which are generally used for Asio Mix and Wave sources. Useful when you want to make a pause or relax by shutting down all that stuff that run continuously even when you stop your daw.
-->> you can change the module name with the "module name" text display.
-->> there is also a choice of skins but most of them are ugly (potis located on the right wooden side-panel)
-->> I don't think i can make a simpler mixer than that :-)

UPDATED
https://spacef-devices.com/downloads/at ... e-updated/ (also available below: "AttenuMix12-Free-Update.zip" )
-adds reverse L/R for Wave driver (the blue color is the one that is reversed)
- master summing
- adds new graphics for pan pots
- input gain ca go to -12dB attenuation instead of -6dB only
Attachments
AttenuMix12-Free-Update.zip
(9.62 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
Mix12-29-08-2021-b.zip
(9.57 MiB) Downloaded 162 times
ATTENUMIXER.jpg
ATTENUMIXER.jpg (113.5 KiB) Viewed 33393 times
Last edited by spacef on Sat May 28, 2022 9:24 am, edited 8 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Re: Mix 12 - AttenuMixer- Free

Post by dawman »

Man or Myth….SpaceF
spacef

Post by spacef »

btw, i'd happilly add users own skins to the device , as long as it is not dozens of skins a day and we also need to limit the total number of skins.
I could replace some of mine that are not great for a start. The only requirement would that the skin looks great and can be used by everyone.
How could we do that ? generally, a screenshot of the device should be ok to get the right sizes and stuff before re-working in a graphic software. then export as BMP 24 bis (not TGA), and i would update it when i can.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Nice little mixer. Thanks very much Mehdi :)
spacef

Post by spacef »

Corrected the graphic of the "aux 1 to 2 routing" that was not visible anymore (show with button at the top-right of the Insert Fx slot). The graphic is clikable too. Also, the stereo 2 aux poti and fader were not cventered. FInally, some new skins (19 skins in total, mostly for fun and mood). This mixer is now complete & final.
Updated download link in the first post (and on spacef download section too) .
NB: reuploaded this morning with the stereo 2 channel fader centered + spacef logo on skin 01.
Attachments
AttenuMixer-newskins.jpg
AttenuMixer-newskins.jpg (188.26 KiB) Viewed 32343 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Last edited by Spielraum on Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
spacef

Post by spacef »

not for this mixer but why not for another time. for the moment the only plan is to finish a 3osc synth for BB3.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
LorenOA76

Post by LorenOA76 »

Dear Spacef,
How are you?
Could you please upload an updated link .. the link for the plugin is not available anymore :(
Many thanks in advance,
Loren
spacef

Post by spacef »

working on it today (transfering the site).
If it is not done by today or tomorrow, I will upload the device here.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Ok, I just uploaded the zip file as an attachment to the 1st post " Mix12-29-08-2021-b.zip" link just above the image.

Later on, I will need to update parameters names for CC asignment and tooltip too.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
LorenOA76

Post by LorenOA76 »

Thank you so much !!!
Always wonderful devices !!!
Merci Beaucoup :)

Loren
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi All,
As I am working on an updated version of this mixer for BB3 pack, I thought I would update the free version with a couple of important features.

UPDATED
https://spacef-devices.com/downloads/at ... e-updated/

-adds reverse L/R for Wave driver
  • The blue color is the one that should be used for your wave/mp3 to sound with the same panning as your Asio Mixdown.
    The blue button means it is "pre-reversed" internally, allowing you to plug the wave driver to the "W" input without crossing cables
  • The Red color is the same as the wave driver and is not reversed internally. It should result in an "incorrect L/R" (your asio mix sounds reversed L/R when mixdowned to wave or mp3).
- Master mono summing
- adds new graphics for pan pots
- input gain can go to -12dB attenuation instead of -6dB only. use the mute buttons or fader levels if you need to go to -inf.

Enjoy !

Have fun

PS: the version for BB3 (soon) is the same except that it changes internal routing structure to add busses for all mono or all stereo channels and it removes the aux pre-post routing (that is still here on that free version), and also the BB3 version does not have skin selectors (yet?) but only one single skin.
Attachments
AttenuMixer-Free-Update.jpg
AttenuMixer-Free-Update.jpg (335.69 KiB) Viewed 24401 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website