Scope/Dolby Atmos

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

outsounder

Scope/Dolby Atmos

Post by outsounder »

Has anyone integrated their scope system into a Dolby Atmos set up? From what I understand if the 16 outputs of lightpipe went into a digital to analogue converter that would give 16 analogue outputs to connect the a combination of powered speakers and mapped from within Nuendo (or any other daw), or is that a simplistc view of will an external Dolby Atmos reciever may still be required? If any one has been using their scope system in surround or Atmos i'd appreciate any info on this subject. I'd also be interested to know if there's any reasonable price Atmos receivers available in the EU/UK markets that have passive direct outs, most of the consumer models are all powered so as to connect to passive speaker. Do sonic core have any plans to incororate its own Dolby Atmos module any time soon? Thanks in advance for any info!
fra77x2

Re: Scope/Dolby Atmos

Post by fra77x2 »

No Scope currently does not support atmos. Yes the routing allows any form of surround setup to be implemented. I am not sure if a atmos receiver is required to decode signals. If a daw has a an atmos decoder then this should be enough
outsounder

Re: Scope/Dolby Atmos

Post by outsounder »

fra77x2 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:02 pm No Scope currently does not support atmos. Yes the routing allows any form of surround setup to be implemented. I am not sure if a atmos receiver is required to decode signals. If a daw has a an atmos decoder then this should be enough
Hi there

Thanks for your reply, yes, i've had it confirmed that the adat outputs sent to ad/da coverter (ferrofish etc) can quite happliy mix in atmos in Nuenedo or the upcoming Cubase as they have all the tools required to route mix/export atmos from a properly aligned speaker array. A reciever is only required to listen to atmos asin a home cinema /movire theatre or indeed a fully rendered atmos soundtrack if one was to import such into said DAW. It's suprising that sonic core has not developed any software to run within the scope environment or introduced an atmos routing/rendeerr mix console. Maybe they will in some future release.