Max/msp ?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Max/msp ?

Post by spacef »

Hi all !
Just checking if anyone use max/msp and what you do with it ?
Greetings
Mehdi
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
valis

Re: Max/msp ?

Post by valis »

Used to use it a lot more, for the most part I used it for 1. Ableton Devices that were interesting 2. to connect multiple parameters in Ableton in the same way you can do in Bitwig with a lot less effort (might switch eventually).
spacef

Post by spacef »

personnally i want to try max gen~ because it can be embedded in MCUs like electrosmith's Daisy. Pure Data seems to be unstable here so this option is not an option yet. I could port spacef osc and filter to a eurorack digital module like patch init. ... at least that's what i want to try . an idea that made its way since this thread viewtopic.php?t=22936 . There is also Teensy and stuff like that but for the moment the boards or DACs are out of stock (but a krOn like hardware could be done, there are screens that can load png animations).... + I am not a C/python/javascript programmer at all so the learning curve might be steep and long because beyond the audio features there's the preset save/reload part (user end global customize functions, save to sd card etc)
But I would regret not trying so, I am trying.... :-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Berny Shoes

Post by Berny Shoes »

krOn eurorack! Great plan!
I recently used these on a project STM32F407VET6 STM32 Cortex-M4 Development Board NRF2410 FMSG

STM32F407VET6: the high performance STM32 MCU which features:
Core: Cortex-M4 32-bit RISC
Feature: a full set of single-cycle DSP instructions
Operating Frequency: 168MHz, 210 DMIPS/1.25 DMIPS/MHz
Operating Voltage: 1.8V-3.6V
Package: LQFP100
Storage Resources: 512kB Flash, 192+4kB SRAM
Resource: 3 x SPI,3 x USART, 2 x UART, 2 x I2S, 3 x I2C; 1 x FSMC,1 x SDIO,2 x CAN; 1 x USB 2.0
FS/HS Controler(with DMA); 1 x USB HS ULPI; (used for external USB HS PHY)1 x 10/100 Ethernet
MAC;1 x 8 to 12-bit parallel camera interface; 3 x AD(12 bit,1us),2 x DA(12 bit)

Thought the feature of a full set of single-cycle DSP instructions looked interesting.
A lot more expensive than teensy though

Will you be documenting the build?
spacef

Post by spacef »

Berny Shoes wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:21 am krOn eurorack! Great plan!
I recently used these on a project STM32F407VET6 STM32 Cortex-M4 Development Board NRF2410 FMSG
Thought the feature of a full set of single-cycle DSP instructions looked interesting.
A lot more expensive than teensy though

Will you be documenting the build?
impressive number of I/Os .... dosn't seem that expensive ? but i think in Europe it is less available that US or Asia : https://www.amazon.com/HiLetgo-STM32F40 ... B071KBZR58

I will go progressively in the making, last week i made my first connections of 2 buttons and 2 potis to an arduino :-D
there are plenty of expansion boards to try but they are hard to find right now.
recently, i found this, much more expensive too. https://bela.io/about intresting for its 8*16 bits analog outputs. it's a cool board for beginners like me (i won't buy it though, i will probably get an electrosmith patch init to begin with, because it the one that can accept the maximum number of different languages, then will have to find codes from various places and tutorials etc.

I could document the build for sure, but I wonder if i will be able to do something relevant before quite some time (learning curve, deciding which language, methods etc, implementing). The hardest part is probably the preset management (found a lot of stuff but i dont really get how it works yet just by reading the codes).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ar ... x-eK9TL4pR

The standard K&R C language book....
dante

Post by dante »

The language that launched my career 4 decades ago :)
spacef

Post by spacef »

and where are your synths :-o :-) why didn't you make one ? people knowing C not making synths,is that really possible ? :-D
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website