No Words & Robot Revolution

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

red99

No Words & Robot Revolution

Post by red99 »

Hi all, I used to frequent these boards and learnt and awful lot from them.

As a result of Melbourne's long Covid lockdowns I finally got around to putting some of my music online. Two albums below

No Words
https://soundcloud.com/chris-breen-5119 ... s/no-words

Robot Revolution
https://soundcloud.com/chris-breen-5119 ... revolution

It was all recorded, mixed and mastered in Scope, some of the older songs on Robot Revolution use scope synths, newer music I make on No Words is mostly using outboard analog synths and drum machines.

Any feedback much appreciated.
dante

Re: No Words & Robot Revolution

Post by dante »

Nice work on the albums - interested to know what outboards you used. Melbourne Florida or Melbourne Victoria ? I'm guessing the latter cuz I don't hear much about Florida having lengthy lockdowns :)
at0m

Post by at0m »

Oh wow, red99. Really enjoyed listening to those albums! Totally old school electronica, but sounded fresh!

Really love your sounds, the arrangements and mixes are all top notch IMO.

Bit late in the evening for extensive review now, but for now and in short: I'm most impressed :D
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
red99

Post by red99 »

Thanks Atom & Dante, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen. Old school electronica is about right, and probably gives away my age. I've been making music a long time as a hobby, mostly just for myself because I feel driven to do it and love getting lost in the creative process...but it is nice to get some positive feedback! Made my day :)

Yes Dante you were right it's Melbourne Victoria, I think we had the world's longest lockdown.

Outboard, I have slowly built up a nice collection of synths over the years, some of my go to gear is Behringer Crave, Moog Subsequent 37 & the Sequential OB-6, I recently got the Behringer RD 8 which I've been using a lot. The OB-6 and the Sub 37, are expensive and lovely ...but I have to say the Crave, which was only $300 Aud, is a match in its own way for both, I really love the sound. Only having one oscillator (which sounds so good) is a really useful creative limitation, which then helps focus on the extensive modulation possibilities. The tracks I put up were written over many years, so some of the earlier ones used different synths, I used to have a Waldorf Pulse which I used a lot for bass but I sold it because I found it a bit too fiddly to use...on some of the earlier tracks there would have been Scope synths also like Pro-12, Minimax & Flexor.
dante

Post by dante »

Nice buncha synths you got there. Welcome to the show that never ends. PZ I mean, not Melbourne's lockdown :lol: :lol:
janniesophia42

Post by janniesophia42 »

red99 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:45 pm Thanks Atom & Dante, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen. Old school electronica is about right, and probably gives away my age. I've been making music a long time as a hobby, mostly just for myself because I feel driven to do it and love getting lost in the creative process...but it is nice to get some positive feedback! Made my day :)

Yes Dante you were right it's Melbourne Victoria, I think we had the world's longest lockdown.

Outboard, I have slowly built up a nice collection of synths over the years, some of my go to gear is Behringer Crave, Moog Subsequent 37 & the Sequential OB-6, I recently got the Behringer RD 8 which I've been using a lot. The OB-6 and the Sub 37, are expensive and lovely ...but I have to say the Crave, which was only $300 Aud, is a match in its own way for both, I really love the sound. Only having one oscillator (which sounds so good) is a really useful creative limitation, which then helps focus on the extensive modulation possibilities. The tracks I put up were written over many years, so some of the earlier ones used different synths, I used to have a Waldorf Pulse which I used a lot for bass but I sold it because I found it a bit too fiddly to use...on some of the earlier tracks there would have been Scope synths also like Pro-12, Minimax & Flexor.
I'll be very thankful to you if you share more about Behringer Crave. I am craze for it. I'm very happy that I finally have this as now I don't HAVE to fear the many hundreds of pounds it will (eventually) cost for the repair of my beloved wasp puzzle-in-a-bag. The cost of a MIDI retrofit alone would likely cost at least twice what I paid for the Bwasp (BDP Wasp?)!
To sum up, Behringers Wasp Deluxe recreation is very good.