Livestream With Scope v7

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

trinity_project

Livestream With Scope v7

Post by trinity_project »

Hey all!

I was hoping to get some livestreaming issues figured out when it comes to my vintage (yet still awesome) creamware scope project. I am running v7 and in terms of it in the studio it works great but the problem is when I try to use it with my livestreaming through obs. Simply put, it just won't output any audio. It recognizes it in obs but when I attempt a stream or even record the video and audio from obs I get nothing. Sample rates and everything matches up but even then, nothing.

I also get the same problem when attempting to do tasks such as videocall and zoom calls.

Now I know I could simply use my analogue outs to a stream box and be done with it. But, there are times I want to do a zoom call with another musician just to play a melody, bounce ideas and to play through a composition.

I was hoping someone may have the answer I'm looking for. I've been using scope products since 2004 so I'm pretty good at working my way around the system. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Neil

Here's a small list of my current setup/chain and routing..... Shouldn't make a difference but you never know.

Windows 10 X64
Intel i7
32 gig ram
Creamware scope project on v7
Focusrite liquid saffire 56 running as slave to the pciE
Focusrite octopre running slave to the saffire
dante

Re: Livestream With Scope v7

Post by dante »

Can you post a pic of your Scope project ?
valis

Post by valis »

Use Scope via ASIO in OBS, though a word of warning that low buffer sizes & OBS can cause instability.

A better solution is to stream using a different computer than your Scope rig, though I know that's not what you had in mind.

Why? Well getting the wave drivers in Scope is problematic on some rigs, and works fine on others. And the wave drivers are what you use for zoom calls and the like. Windows Wave/Directsound drivers are very tolerant in terms of performance because you usually have 75-250ms of buffered audio in the software audio stack that drives everything. ASIO conversely is built for low latency and so 3-7ms is usually what people consider acceptable performance. Our DAWs handle that fine, but most consumer grade software often falls over when put to such timing tests, and so it's rare to find an application that even supports the lower latency WAVE formats (MME & K-stream modes) for Windows.

The upshot is that all you really need is something with SPDIF if you're doing stereo, or preferably an ADAT i/o (devices with only ADAT in will work but they tend to be bargain basement junk imho).
Farmerbrown

Post by Farmerbrown »

Thought I could live stream with OBS using ASIO but the only thing that shows up in OBS is "Xite line" and it doesn't seem to see (hear) anything from the wav destination driver. Don't understand how I get OSB to see ASIO or wave dest. It seems to use the wav source as audio capture. Argh. A last ditch effort...

A