Scope 7

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Re: Scope 7

Post by valis »

Gen1 is very limited in speed, and the latter allows clocking states for the control chip to reduce power. So yep, can see how that made a difference.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Ah, super… 😊 That’s great news.
Such a good feeling when you find that needle in the haystack.
Going to take a look at my bios and see if I can eliminate mattomatt ever crashing…
Any power management should always be turned off.
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

Thanks guys,
It seems like it's not all about the bios. I just reimaged my C-drive and got the "BSOD" again. What got my out of trouble this time was the following:
Liquid EDGE wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:29 pm and reinstall the .sys files for mattomatt and then restart and reload scope.
Now it seems stable again thanks to Liquid EDGE!
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Cool 😊 … it does still occasionally crash on me when I load mattomat in the project (after fixing the constant crashing), but then it’s always fine after a reboot (without needing to do the .sys file replacement). So I just have a behaviour of always saving the project before loading it.. and then remove it before saving the project again. Just in case. As 90% of the time it’s all good..

I was hoping that after what initially sorted it for you I may have missed the same thing in my bios, but from what I could see all power type interference was turned off already.