Scope PCI card repair (images) thread

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Scope PCI card repair (images) thread

Post by valis »

We have a request that should be of benefit to our PCI card community.

I am in the process of having dynamixii go over my cards and there are some discrepancies in certain components (a larger cap in one place and so on). It also seems there are some unfilled areas on the card, and it would be good to clarify for future reference (for whomever may need it) what components are where on various versions of cards.

Can we start collecting images of our cards (front/back) with enough resolution to identify things at the component level?

Specifically I would like to ask anyone who happens to have their cards out and remembers to take images to do so, and please ensure that you include your manufacture date & card version on the serial sticker (you can blank/black out the serial if that concerns you) and then high res images of the same card front & back. One post/reply per card please.

I can help negotiate storage & transmission of imagery with those who find their images either too unwieldy or too large for the forum image attachment feature. I would prefer local storage over offsite links, so if you post directly to this thread and host the image offsite please give me permission to grab it and adjust your post accordingly.

Thank you
valis

Re: Scope PCI card repair (images) thread

Post by valis »

Just sent this card out to be recapped & refurbed by dynamixii, and so posting up images prior to refurb to show all original components and details. High res images in links, moderate resolution previews inline in this post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Pulsar V2.01 (Oct. 31, 2000)

Link to High Res Version
IMG_8838_sm.jpg
IMG_8838_sm.jpg (64.79 KiB) Viewed 8777 times

Link to High Res Version
IMG_8835_sm.jpg
IMG_8835_sm.jpg (113.15 KiB) Viewed 8777 times

Link to High Res Version
IMG_8833_sm.jpg
IMG_8833_sm.jpg (132.99 KiB) Viewed 8777 times

Link to High Res Version
IMG_8830_sm.jpg
IMG_8830_sm.jpg (172.95 KiB) Viewed 8777 times

Link to High Res Version
IMG_8829_sm.jpg
IMG_8829_sm.jpg (121.55 KiB) Viewed 8777 times
astroman

Post by astroman »

The blue cap is already a replacement part... ;)
A little oversized (470 instead of 47yF), but probably doesn't matter in it's position as a buffer.
dynamixii

Post by dynamixii »

Nice pix id like to get multiple pix from others to compare and see if any parts were changed/ replaced over time.

Thanks in advance everyone !
dante

Post by dante »

Just found this link to the dynamixii repair enquiry form :

https://www.scopeusers.com/using-scope/ ... rvice.html
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

astroman wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:10 pm The blue cap is already a replacement part... ;)
A little oversized (470 instead of 47yF), but probably doesn't matter in it's position as a buffer.
The I/O Plate I posted in this thread has the same blue capacitor and it came right out of the box before I took the picture (it was new old stock).

@valis: Your I/O Plate is the classic one, right? I'd like to add your pic to the above thread for comparison if that's ok?
valis

Post by valis »

I do believe that's the classic plate, yes.

And my understanding was that there is some variation in card design across the various years and so while i/o boards are mostly interchangeable, this is not going to be the case 100% of the time. An extra bit of power buffering added on a later production run would certainly be easier to implement mid-stream. So the cap/patch was likely done by the production run if it's present on other cards