Scope appreciation thread!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid EDGE

Scope appreciation thread!

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Too often we all come here for a bit of a moan! (I know I do) talking about issues one may be having.

Well, here I want to say why I LOVE scope and my Xite-1 so much!

The hardware is built like a tank and so much power in it it will last for years to come, it’s already served me and been the centre of my studio for the past 10 years!!! 😱

Sonic Core really have made “Obsolescence obsolete”..

The unrivalled flexibility!

The incredible sounds.

It IS hardware.

It interconnects my whole studio inside and outside the box.

Amazing emulations of classic synths and hardware.

New quirky original devices.

The SOUND.

Modular!

It has an SDK!

All the wonderful devices made for free and shared.

Current software is working great on both my XP & Win10 set up!!

The guy who owns Sonic Core seems a really nice chap!

I could go on!

Long live Scope Xite-1. One of the best investments I ever made.
Bud Weiser

Re: Scope appreciation thread!

Post by Bud Weiser »

^^^^^^
THIS !

Yeah !

:)

Bud

P.S.:
Nonetheless,- some more fixes will make it even better !
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Of course. But hey, no moaning here in this thread. 😘

What do you like the most about scope?
dante

Post by dante »

At the moment - the synths - ocean swift in particular. Great poly on the XiTE-1D @96khz
Joey

Post by Joey »

Yesterday I told my wife I am still using my Pulsar one that I purchased some 25 years ago. She didn't believe me. And then I told her in some aspects it is still better than what's available now. That's how good Scope is.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Liquid EDGE wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:31 am Of course. But hey, no moaning here in this thread. 😘

What do you like the most about scope?
no moanin´,- just only HOPE !

I like almost all of it,- sound quality, lowest latency possible, modularity, routing flexibility and stability (!!!),- on both of my systems,- PCI and XITE-1.
In fact, once up, SCOPE never crashed on me w/ the exception of selecting the wrong devices and patches using "sample osc" etc. in 64Bit system (XITE-1).

That´s why I own and use it and invest some money still.

And I cannot blame S|C for cumbersome behaviour of a few big ZARG devices on SCOPE/XITE because that´s JB´s cup of tea.
I´m happy about I got ZARG Quantum Wave SE for PCI.
It shows, when the device is less demanding (just only 1 instrument slot vs 4) all runs more smooth.
JB obviously created some "overkill" devices for SCOPE in the past, while up to now not using actual DSK and a XITE box for developement and testing.
And,- also a small ZARG device might crash Scope WHEN recalling a patch using a sample !!!
On my 64Bit XITE system, IIRC, that was Ambient s/c.
New or upcoming users should know because these devices aren´t cheap.

I myself, I´m happy w/ SCOPE stock synths and FX devices,- also S|C optional ones,- ProTone and Prodyssey, all DNA I own as also legacy stuff like Orbitone etc. !
They all run well here and sound good,- except STS, VDAT and some Modular (IV) patches on a 64Bit system.

:)

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

I also like that in its XITE incarnation its in a 1U rack on PCIe these days. And that it can be used not just with ASIO but also as an (almost) standalone synth expander with MIDI In and Audio Out.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Yea being a full on rack unit thing should make last “forever” as just a new little device needs to made to connect to a pc… so maybe in few years or “soon” we will see a USB c connection option, maybe..

🤷‍♂️
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

SCOPE is still the heart of my studio and likely always will be. It's such a powerfull solution that just works for me. Very few interfaces are good at being the heart of your studio since all have huge flars and most don't integrate all your gear quite like SCOPE and the portable 1u rack design was pure genius by SonicCore. I still prefer the sound of SCOPE's synths over Native especially Modular 4 wich still has no equal IMO. SCOPE is still the most complete REALtime Platform. You add a few high-end Native effects and Native Physical-Modeling and super-massive Native CPU power to compliment SCOPE's realtime-Mixing/Routing, Synths, and best SCOPE effects and you have a Studio that rivals any other. Certainly my dream set up. SCOPE always play a huge role in my studio since i discovered it and when i look at other solutions they all seem to lack something that SCOPE does well. SCOPE's development is slow but me being patient was a no-brainer since it is special and does'nt rely on Marketing-hype to look good but rather a great set of Audio tools that make one solid, beautifull sounding platform that endures.
valis

Post by valis »

I love Flexor+Mod4, have stuck around due to Scope's ability with realtime mixing and effects, but the overall most important thing for me is to Route and Process signals regardless of their domain (digital, analog, CPU/host based). Put all 3 together in an environment where latency is measured in individual samples with a generous dose of options for devices in Scope (free, 3rd party etc) and it is indeed unparalleled.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Been running scope on 64bit windows 10 for about a year now.

There were teething problems. Pull out hair moments. And mines to eliminate that crashed the system. It all seemed so flaky at times. But now it’s wonderful to work with, solid and still, STILL sounds epic. Being able to make music without any constraints with fulfilling ideas is such a joy.

I fecking love my studio and it’s centre piece SCOPE!