Ocean Swift - Formula X - THE BEAST UNLEASHED! Out Now!

Ocean Swift Synthesis Official Support Subforum

Moderators: valis, faxinadu, FernandoHood

Liquid EDGE

Re: Ocean Swift - Formula X - THE BEAST UNLEASHED! Out Now!

Post by Liquid EDGE »

In my experience you get more drift with midi click sync as it does not reset every time you play a note. With internal sync its tight, really tight. Exactly righty to when you play a note.

So suppose if you only play note “out off time” that’s when midi sync would be Helpful (not that I’ve tested this but that’s how it sounds to me,,, I assume midi sync or any clock sync keeps the lfo going in time no mater what timing of notes are pressed…) but why would you play a note out of time? Maybe syncopated!!! So that’s the issue maybe for you? 🤷‍♂️
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

One difference we must take account of is that scope is external hardware!!

It’s not a vst where un timely computations are buffered… so with a crap midi sync a vst will sound fine as the crap ness of it is delayed to tighten it…

Anything outboard, if you don’t use a tight midi clock, it WILL sound sloppy… in my experience, a software midi clock generated from cubase is rubbish!!
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

Liquid EDGE wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:09 pm In my experience you get more drift with midi click sync as it does not reset every time you play a note. With internal sync its tight, really tight. Exactly righty to when you play a note.

So suppose if you only play note “out off time” that’s when midi sync would be Helpful (not that I’ve tested this but that’s how it sounds to me,,, I assume midi sync or any clock sync keeps the lfo going in time no mater what timing of notes are pressed…) but why would you play a note out of time? Maybe syncopated!!! So that’s the issue maybe for you? 🤷‍♂️
My only issue was that I didn’t know whether the LFO sync to midi clock option is available, but thanks to your great answer, I know that it isn’t. So my issue is gone :)
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

Liquid EDGE wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:21 pm One difference we must take account of is that scope is external hardware!!

It’s not a vst where un timely computations are buffered… so with a crap midi sync a vst will sound fine as the crap ness of it is delayed to tighten it…

Anything outboard, if you don’t use a tight midi clock, it WILL sound sloppy… in my experience, a software midi clock generated from cubase is rubbish!!
In my experience, accurate sync across tools and platforms is a world of pain :D
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Xite Knight v2.0 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:44 pm
Liquid EDGE wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:21 pm One difference we must take account of is that scope is external hardware!!

In my experience, accurate sync across tools and platforms is a world of pain :D
😂😂😂 it is. 😂