Scope installation!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Re: Scope installation!

Post by valis »

Hardware sales won't happen until there's a production run. That should lead you to an inevitable conclusion on how to fix this stuff.

More to the point, we can talk about what S|C can do all day long, but I'm asking again what *we* can do. I trust Holger is paying some attention here, but beyond that forum posts don't show up well in search engine results, unless you know exactly what you're looking for.
dante

Post by dante »

Fixing shop for proper representation of working products is an S|C responsibility.
valis

Post by valis »

That was my point, and note that noone disagreed with that discussion. What can *we* do?
dante

Post by dante »

Wait. I’m more inclined to promote Scope by word of mouth or Scoperise or whatever once I see it’s going in an encouraging direction.
valis

Post by valis »

Well, historically I think we can say we know what S|C's promotional ability is, which is much like you talking about what would make sense on the website. I personally would like to see some of this stuff fixed, but I would guess (not knowing directly) that the last round of v7 sales a few years back didn't fully finance the time needed, and suspect that is probably because outside help would need to be contracted. And I also am fairly sure these things are connected, inasmuch as it reflect's Holger's resources available for our product (S|C, like any company, will have overhead that eats up some portion of their income over time).

We certainly appreciate Scoperise, at least I presume most of us do. Much as many appreciate the various user communities here. So if that's all we chose to do, that's already more than anyone could ask for we also have overhead in our lives that means we must maintain incomes and other responsibilities and what we devote to this arena comes by choice.

However as someone who would prefer to have a fully working and updated system, and this seems in parallel to many others here, I think I'll be doing more. I would appreciate not having to dig through every thread to collect the information myself, but if that's the case so be it.
dante

Post by dante »

I almost had my cousin ( aka Silver Scoper ) down for a 1D - he’s a synth guy and was impressed by OceanSwift I demoed to him -Oceanswift and the D makes a great affordable package coz the Oceanswift synths were developed on Xite and has great sound and polyphony. But the D is not available in the new shop so those $$ have gone to some other interface and a bunch of uHe and Spectrasonics stuff.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I still have complete respect for SC they “saved” scope.

It would probably not exist if not for them (the full scope system)

Supposedly it was All Holger that re wrote the programming for scope 7 (previous programmer supposedly left scope 6 in a total mess)

So a lot was done “under the hood” which lead to a more efficient system and it being able to load up way more than before without reassignments etc.

And then supposedly this should make fixes easier going forward.

I think this explains the time it’s taken. And what a absolute legend Holger is.
valis

Post by valis »

And I am also full of abundant gratitude towards Holger and this platform. Which is why I would like to give it another push, along with my other overlapping interests. There are a number of current issues which we can clearly identify and I hope simplify somewhat. Beyond that I still am curious what we can do.