Scope 7 - STS?

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nebukadneser

Scope 7 - STS?

Post by Nebukadneser »

It says on the scope.zone page that the instruments included are:

"Instruments: MINIMAX, MINIMAX v7, Profit 5, B2003, Modular 2, Modular III, Vectron, Lightwave, Lightwave v7, Prisma, SB404, Poison, EDS 16i, EDS 8i, BlueSynth, EZSynth, miniscope, U KNOW 007, Vectron Player, Inferno, Arpeg01, Arpeg02, STS-2000P, STS-3000, STS-4000, STS-5000, Sample Player, Arpeggiator"

http://scope.zone/index.php?id=1611&lg=en

Well, if the samplers work under Win (7, 8 , 10) 64bit, that alone is one heck of an achievement!

Neb
garyb

Re: Scope 7 - STS?

Post by garyb »

no samplers in 64bit YET.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Do I need new keys for v7?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Marco

Post by Marco »

If I had V7 do I need all keys of my v5 devices converted into v7. DNA SpaceF etc.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, only the v7 key is new.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Very well organized! (and for you too) :D
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

garyb wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:43 am no samplers in 64bit YET.
No samplers in 32bit either now since v7.

I’m on win xp 32bit sp3.. I am the administrator, always, when logged in.

All sts samplers when loaded say “ can’t find DSP file KGParam3 VXD - please check installation”

And they produce no sound!
garyb

Post by garyb »

that is your system. the STS work in 32bit systems, if the files are correct. did you look for the missing file? is it marked "read only"(a trick that XP likes to play)? did you move files from an older version of Scope to the newer version?
RA

Post by RA »

Gary, I seem to have the same problem here. Same message and situation as Liquid Edge.

Did not move things, and i cannot find a dsp file which comes near that name, nor a vxd.
I did find KGpar3.sys in C:\SCOPE PCI7\App\Sys folder.

Edit update: Here is what i tried: I replaced the KGpar3.sys with the one from Scope 4.5
When i loaded the S3000 it asked for s3kimix.dsp (not exactly but i have common sense)
So i replaced that DSP file also for the one of Scope 4.5. Now the S3000 asked for a serial.
Well, it is included in Scope 7, so i didnt have one to go....so i gave it a further try....with the S2000.
The S2000 gave a KGpar2 error, so i replace the KGpar2.sys in scope 7 from the one of scope 4.5. That didn't
ask for a dsp file when loading. And on top i could load a sample, and i hear sound!
So....there is something wrong with those original files in Scope 7 (filesize is different, so they have changed)

Edit update2: It works now with the v5 files, and the samplers key from v5! Sound on the s3000!

Edit update3: The S4000 keeps asking for s4k indi-mixs 64.dsp after the trick but after clicking away it seems to work.
AND....the S5000 gave Tstretch vxd error....so i took the TStretch.sys from v5, and the S5000 loads without any additional messages and seems to work! Aint that great! But it shows to me that there is something wrong with the Scope7 files of the samplers!
Last edited by RA on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
garyb

Post by garyb »

ok, better tell Holger. would you write him, since you have the info?
RA

Post by RA »

Will do! Temporary solution for now Liquid edge ;-)
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Excellent. Will try it out tomorrow.
Cheers RA
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Awesome. The trick works for me as well.

Xite-1 on a Win XP 32bit SP3 set up. (Probably only need to do this on this OS)

To summarise..

For Scope v7 initial release pull over these files from Scope v5.1 and overwrite the v7 ones.
From and to folder SCOPE XITE/App/Dsp
s3kimix.dsp
s4kimix.dsp
From and to folder SCOPE XITE/App/Sys
KGPar2.sys
KGPar3.sys
TStretch.sys
RA

Post by RA »

Wonderfull!
valis

Post by valis »

Well done! (need to try this on Scope dsp cards....)
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Lol. I’ve no idea what’s actually happened. But now on my xp32bit set up even with the “fix” the sts samplers get the can’t find KGParam3 vxd and make no sound!!

I went to use it yesterday for the first time since I’ve set up the win1064bit set up… I’ve got two os hard drives, one xp, one with win10, I have a caddy to switch them over easily, I need to go in bios to change the ide setting to either ide or ahci as each is for 32bit or 64bit.

Anyhow the Korg vst plug ins I have needed to be re activated as they showed a locking code, this happens when the “enviroment has changed”.

So wonder if it’s something to do with that, I also cloned the xp hard drive, so maybe the change of hard disk has messed with something and is the “change of enviroment”. 🤷‍♂️

For the moment it looks like I just need to “let go” of the sts samplers!! 😭😭 for me I started properly making music with a Yamaha A3000 sampler and cubase on Atari.. I like working with oldskool style sampling with direct on the fly recording, and it’s filters etc just sound great!

😭😂
Last edited by Liquid EDGE on Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Liquid EDGE wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:01 am Lol. I’ve no idea what’s actually happened. But now on my xp32bit set up even with the “fix” the sts samplers get the can’t find KGParam3 vxd and make no sound!!

... the sts samplers!!
... I like working with oldskool style sampling with direct on the fly recording, and it’s filters etc just sound great!
+1

I cannot agree more !

Bud
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Might have to go back to Scope 5.1 if I really really want use of the STS samplers on XP.. the only thing I have that does on the fly sampling is maschine on the xp set up.

Win10 Cubase11 has a sampler track..which gives a very close oldskool sampling approach. (Because of that feature is partly why I was prepared to go 64bit and let go of the sts, doing this, though, seems to have taken sts away from me in xp as well, 😂)

So it’s not the end of my world. I have maschine or the sampler track to work how I like to sometimes, but I’d MUCH rather be using the STS. 😊
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Liquid EDGE wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:52 am Might have to go back to Scope 5.1 if I really really want use of the STS samplers on XP.. the only thing I have that does on the fly sampling is maschine on the xp set up.
That´s why I look for an affordable Pulsar-2 w/ SCOPE v4.5 keys, all samplers and VDAT included.
I have another Pulsar-2 left over,- just only w/ basic v4.5 keys,- means STS2000P only and no VDAT.
I´d like to use one of my old WinXP rackmount builds w/ these 2 cards then,- just only for sampling and VDAT recording.
Liquid EDGE wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:52 am Win10 Cubase11 has a sampler track..which gives a very close oldskool sampling approach.
Reason has too,- there are many options anyway when thinking "(home-) recording and DAW only".
Cwitec TX16Wx is also a real sampler ... http://www.tx16wx.com/

I also like it because it loads (Apple) EXS24 library by drag ´n drop,- so I can use it on PC.

But because I use SCOPE on dedicated machines, I don´t want to work w/ native VST and DAW apps in addition all day.

And my laptop isn´t the most powerfull even it´s Intel i7 4th gen w/ 6MB L3 cache and SSDs.
I bought it for SCOPE/XITE and because it offered the PCIexpresscard 34 slot, but 2.5GHz stock speed is minimum for many good VSTis.

So, when STS samplers and VDAT worked flawlessly on XITE in future,- I had all mobile and much more compact than a 4HU rackmount.
In fact, that was the idea when I bought XITE-1,- replacing hardware gear by DSP stuff,- not drifting into VST world more ´n more.
I own 4 AKAI samplers and 1 EMU and I´d like to replace the AKAIs w/ STS, then sell the hardware.
I´ll keep EMU because of Z-Plane filters for the time being,- but can imagine selling it too in future.

And,- a handfull of good VSTs only is still enough in addition w/ SCOPE/XITE.

Bud