Only a Smile

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Farmerbrown

Only a Smile

Post by Farmerbrown »

I've gone from thousands of plays on SC to almost zero over the last few years. Whatever. The artists themselves will do their own promotion I just like to post test mixes for feedback (with their permission). Recorded on a budget at lightening speed (no, not warp speed), this one came out nice just the same. Could use a horn section, proper back vocals and a bit more time on the mix, but the budget is just not there. Too bad.

https://soundcloud.com/hada-dan-yaad/only-a-smile
dante

Re: Only a Smile

Post by dante »

The mix sounds fine to me. Crisp and simple. Can't you use MIDI for budget horns ? Sounds like most of your stuff is live.
Farmerbrown

Post by Farmerbrown »

100% live. Yes, Native Instruments "session horns pro" (which i have) is pretty good, but these guys would never agree to that 'cause it's not "ital" ...though neither is the piano. The contradictions of modern orthodoxy.

Thanks for listening, Dante.
dante

Post by dante »

Well, you could tell em the horn section is coming late at night - past the rest of bands bedtime so they might as well go home....then sneak the session horns pro in your backdoor at midnight :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: