Noah EX stock devices

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Noah EX stock devices

Post by Bud Weiser »

When NOAH EX units were sold short before NOAH was discontinued,- which devices were stock/bundled and which were "optional" still ?

I see Minimax, Lightwave, Pro One, Sixstring, Vectron Player, B-2003,- Interpole and Vocodizer too.

Were Prodyssey and Profit 5 (and maybe more) included later ?

:)

Bud
dante

Re: Noah EX stock devices

Post by dante »

Geoff Downes said he was doing Prophet 5 sounds on it.

https://www.scopeusers.com/ScopeRise/is ... w_mast.htm
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:07 pm Geoff Downes said he was doing Prophet 5 sounds on it.

https://www.scopeusers.com/ScopeRise/is ... w_mast.htm
Possibly using Minimax and/ or Pro One for.

Quote from your link > tab: Creamware Host Geoff Downes ...

" The following instruments are included with Noah: Minimax (an accurate reproduction of the Moog Minimoog), B-2003 (model of a drawbar organ in the tradition of the Hammond B3), Vectron Player (vector synthesis), Lightwave (wave table synthesizer with 128 waveforms, two integrated filters and a flexible modulation matrix) and six-string (produces string instrument sounds). As a special offer until June 30, 2003, Sequential Circuit's Pro-One is included for free. ... In addition to this standard version, a Noah EX Version with double the power for the synthesis engine is available."

So, I think my list in 1st post was pretty complete for the time when Noah was released.

Leaves the question if it came w/ more devices later or ever and which other (also for free available) SCOPE and 3rd party devices might run on a NOAH machine.

Just askin´ because I can buy one in good condition and when available still.
I´m waiting for owner´s reply a.t.m..

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Maybe ask HUROLURA what he was saying here in reference to Noah

https://en.audiofanzine.com/digital-syn ... r_reviews/

Synth version "nomadic" studio DSP CreamWare.
Publié le 10/03/12 à 10:54
(This content has been automatically translated from French)
2U Rack Synthesizer (VA, Modeling).

Sailed from January to April simultaneous plugins from the collection CreamWare Scope DSP cards:
- B2003: Hammond organ emulation (for organ sounds, interesting to some additive synthesis, total polyphony, even when it is multitimbral 4 parts)
- Minimax: Minimoog emulation (probably one of the best emulations)
- Pro-One: an emulation of the Sequential Circuits Pro One
- Vectron Player: Version preset drive emulation Prophet VS
- Six-String: a modeling guitar (acoustic or electric but capable of generating sounds quite exotic)
- LightWave small oscillators VA 2/2 filters (capable of more polyphony)
- Profit 5: Prophet 5 emulation
- Prodyssey: ARP Odyssey emulation
- EDS8i (a small generator of synthetic percussion 8 ratings)
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Profit 5 and Prodyssey were optional, it seems.
Can be these were included in the final 2006 version.
When I downloaded software from S|C server and unzipped, I recognized there are oxe keys existing for both as also STS2000P

I hope the seller has all the keys necessary,- just in case it needs the final v1.1 update and activation all new.
It´s an april 2003 unit and might not have been updated/upgraded.
I wonder if there were any hardware revisions between 1st release and price reduced sales in 2006.

Seller is son of original owner and doesn´t now much about Creamware, S|C and related products.
Most sellers I come across are unaware keyfiles are needed or are unable to find these on old HDDs,- if these still exist at all.

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Well, better have a cheap price on it. Ifs its like bargain basement $300 and it 'just works' for the 6 stock synths without needing mess about w/- key, update, activation and company gone out of business hassles, then fine. But if he want like $600+ then maybe one of these nice boutique Behringer rack or desktop synths might be better value for money .
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

They want EUR 499,- and it seems to be very good condition.
I like to have Sixstring w/ 6 voices on MIDI channel #1 and something poly in addition on MIDI Ch. #2,- in a separate box for my Yammi KX5 controller,- together w/ FX and mixer,- Vocodizer too.
No computer in addition.

When they have keyfile also for former optional devices,- Profit 5 and Prodyssey,- I might grab it.

I´m not a friend of the monotimbral Behringer replicas lacking preset memory.

And yes,- I still use SCOPE PCI and XITE,- but that´s connected to 64Bit DAW as soundcard actually.

My friend and tech is SCOPE PCI user too and owns NOAH EX, using it for gigging togther w/ his Roland JX10 and some 2nd keyboard controller.
When in good working condition, NOAH is fun.

But up to now, the seller didn´t come back to me,- so all speculation.

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

You could be on to something there - Noah could become a collectors item due I cant see 'multitimbral' being much of a thing anymore ? At least not in rack mount. Have there been any new ones released in the last decade (other then maybe Roland Integra 7)? When I look here - these are all old https://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1745 ... al-synths/

I guess w/- all ITB VST and such where you can create as many instances of a synth as you want only limited by how many cores you got - no one cares about multitimbral outboard any more. Although I could see it could be good for live, or if you want to Jam w/- bass in left hand and Whurly in right. Now that we're like Ian Anderson - not gigging coz we're ' too old to rock and roll - too young to die' - could be w/- Hammond in left and flute fluttering in right :lol: :lol: