Mixer with multiple Midi Channels

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Kupferandi

Mixer with multiple Midi Channels

Post by Kupferandi »

Hi guys,
is there a Mixer where i can use more than the 120 Midi CC?
I want to individually assign the CC and Midi Channel for each fader/knob.
jksuperstar

Re: Mixer with multiple Midi Channels

Post by jksuperstar »

I've done this with Soacef's modular mixer...there I could route multiple channels of midi to the system, but only single channels to particular modules.

BUT, scope started choking on that much midi. I had about 500 faders/knobs assigned, and the system would crash.

A better mixer would have a channel select, along with a group of detailed parameters for compression, eq, etc. Many digital mixers are setup this way (like presonus, etc). This reduces the number of knobs and midi assignments needed.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

SCOPE needs better or optimized and bug free MIDI CC assignment, storage and recall 1st !

MIDI 2 implementation could be the solution too since it allows to use way more MIDI CC numbers and other improvements.

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

I’ll say it again, there are “recall MIDI CC bugs” but not if you save your project as a “preset” in the SR Pro device by Speilraum.

16 MIDI channels can be used. I use only 1 channel and 45 CC’s.

I send a MIDI Prgm Chng message for a new preset, which in my case is always the same mixer and assignments.

Once you use this you’ll see an entirely new and easier way of automation.

If not, continue on struggling with MIDI CC recall.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

I don´t struggle and I agree w/ you,-

but OTOH, it´s 3rd party "workaround" solution while SCOPE still needs it "out of the box" since decades.

It´s really good we have users like Spielraum here, being able to use SDK in depth, creating modules and fixing existing devices and I highly appreciate.

But in real world, potential SCOPE/XITE buyers want it working perfect out of the box.
When it doesn´t, it holds most back from pulling the trigger for a product in that price range.

:)

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

True.

But until SC fixes their recall via mixer presets this makes real time mixing easy.

Cheerz