Midi filtering in SDK?

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

the19thbear

Midi filtering in SDK?

Post by the19thbear »

In the SDK, how would I go about filtering out a certain midi CC?
Basically I want to to not pass on all data coming from a certain cc.

Another thing:
I cant seem to find a simple "constant" in the SDK?

Just some general pointers would be great. Thanks:)
soren_jepsen

Re: Midi filtering in SDK?

Post by soren_jepsen »

Old question, but I'm gonna answer it anyway for others to find :-)

There's a midi filter example in the SDK (\Circuit Design\MIDI Components\). Basically it's a Script ("Midi Filter Two Edit"), that "compiles" a "Status Filter" value (SF) and a "Channel Filter" value (CF) from the choices. These two values are connected to a filter atom, in this case "Midi Filter Two". If you want a simpler setup, you could just read the two values into variables/constants (see below), and you have a permanent filter of those choices.

For variables/constants you can just use the relevant text/value boxes from \Surface Design\Controls\ControlFields\. Or, if you're a bit into neatness, you can just drag in a "Empty Module" from \Circuit Design\Basics\, then right-click in the PadList window, and create a new pad for your value, and then assing it said value. You can even put that module somewhere by itself, to store all your constants, and then use "store" and "connect" from the PadList window.

Makes sense?

Cheers
Søren