Grenzfrequenz Synchrotron

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

jpo_midigods

Re: Grenzfrequenz Synchrotron

Post by jpo_midigods »

Yes jeezs how annoying. Im confined alone with my Xite and a Roomba for a month now. Really funny but Im almost sure I've heard the two communicating something about enthusiasm with the mission.

So I was planning to dive again on Xite sequencers on 32 bits.

as using old dsp chips for old atoms and devices as Liquid said makes sense to me, am happy with this workaround
Hey Liquid, did you had succes loading every device on older chips? is there any seq device that refuses to load on older chips so better avoid it on 32bit Xite?

Hey jeezs (and also others) I can test any Xite device load or idea for you, sometimes when im away i have an idea and would need only know if concept is doable by quickly testing it on a demo project.

¡Salud!
jpo
"MIDI is the languaje of Gods" (anon)
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Check this thread!

https://www.forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?t=34658

From what I have used.....Fully working step sequencers/gates on xite (full or part of a device) are Gateway & SC-Autogate (just assign these to dsp#1 or #2) Ocean Storm, Mattomat, Loop, Xtreme cut pro, Flexors step sequencing modular modules, LBH, CWM stuff, SB404.

You can’t really load anything big into #DSP 2. So something like Solaris you will just have to do without the sequencer element of the synth!

With ocean swift storm and sb404 the sequencer elements work but those atoms that do the sequencer job have had those bits “latched on to” #DSP2 already. There is no need to manually assign anything. There is no way the whole device would load and work on #DSP2. #DSP2 isn’t really a DSP you should assign devices too, it’s sort of a “fix” work around.

Weird sat connections issues and such can happen if too much assigned to #DSP2. So tread carefully.

With regards to modular, I have a couple of modular shells for the sole purpose of being able to put just the “broken” Sequencer modules in a shell that would be assigned to #DSP2 and the rest of the patch in another shell that goes on the new DSP chips that both have the required ins and outs to connect!

I should upload these modular shells that I have with a couple of patches I split up over these shells as examples!
I’ll update my Xite tips thread with a little modular pack to “fix/work around” the sequencer issue on modular. (djmicron made these shells, just covers gate & midi).
jpo_midigods

Post by jpo_midigods »

Thanks Liquid this is just the info i didnt want to compile myself, but now i understand better. Im interested on modular shells but let me first digest this info as i have many fronts opened in Scope right now since im confined.

and Xite is too big for my head, I have to unload complete Scope areas and concepts from my own memory and brain DSPs to concentrate and finish things. Maybe Xite manages well its dsp load but not me haha im well haha im well haha
"MIDI is the languaje of Gods" (anon)