Simple portastudio

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

1Squid

Simple portastudio

Post by 1Squid »

I held out hopes for parseq but that doesn't look like it will happen.
So how difficult would it be to produce a scope native mutiltrack system no asio but just say 8 track with a multiple take system?
Just something simple to get ideas down, and if they go anywhere be able to open the files up in a more complex daw.

Cheers
borg

Re: Simple portastudio

Post by borg »

VDAT? only 32bit OS, iirc...
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

My VDAT runs on Win 7 64...
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
borg

Post by borg »

There you go... It's been ages since I used VDAT (and only a few times). Having to set the tracks length ('creating the tape') and all actions involved before you can record might not really fit in the 'let's hit record and jam out'. Could be liberating as well, of course, those limitations. Great things have been done on old Fostex 4track cassettes.
Anyway, regular users always rave about the truest soundquality with VDAT, so definitely worth the try.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall