controling ASB pro12 with livid instruments CTRL:R?

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

sound warrior

controling ASB pro12 with livid instruments CTRL:R?

Post by sound warrior »

hey all for thoughs of you who don't know me i'm trey from the uk and i'm totally blind. i'm a new ASB pro12 user.

I have a livid instruments CTRL:R how possible would it be to use the CTRL:R to control the ASB pro12 and what functions of the pro12 would it let me control?

your help with this question would be most welcome kind regards trey.
garyb

Re: controling ASB pro12 with livid instruments CTRL:R?

Post by garyb »

well, the ASB already has knobs. you can control the things that the knobs already there can control.

more useful in terms of remote control would be automated (virtual) knob movement with a sequencer, but that doesn't require an external controller either...
jhulk

Re: controling ASB pro12 with livid instruments CTRL:R?

Post by jhulk »

as gary said crtlr is really for synths that have a very bad control interface like the tx81z

the crtlr panels make it easier to control and do patches from a daw

thats what crtlr panels are they are vsti control panels that make your hardware into virtual instruments

being blind and using a ctrlr panel is going to be a challenge as there are no brail or indications on the screen where you are moving controls

but the asb modules are fully hands on no menu diving its all there on the machine and you can record the midi cc of the knobs direct into a daw making a crtlr panel not necessary

but the asb pro12 does have a full midi spec and so a crtlr panel can easily be created