XTC mode

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ondas

XTC mode

Post by ondas »

Please!! XTC mode for 64 bit... when it will come????
siriusbliss

Re: XTC mode

Post by siriusbliss »

Probably never.

VSTim mode is also old, and really not supported.

I recommend just routing your I/O out/in to your DAW rather than 'inside' the channels IN the DAW.

G
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Yes, but how you solve the problem to insert i.e. a VST effect in series in between 2 scope effects, in a channel?
Or viceversa?
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

erminardi wrote:Yes, but how you solve the problem to insert i.e. a VST effect in series in between 2 scope effects, in a channel?
Or viceversa?
I don't.

Sometimes ill route my DAW channel (that has VSTs in-channel) out to to Scope effects and back in to another channel in Samplitude.

G
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

UAD is making tonns of money, becoming a truly standard, with XTC concept (with the same technology BTW)... instead, it is normal that Sonicore decides to abandon this kind of project.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

erminardi wrote:UAD is making tonns of money, becoming a truly standard, with XTC concept (with the same technology BTW)... instead, it is normal that Sonicore decides to abandon this kind of project.
Not abandoned, just carried over from 20-year old tech that never really worked very well.

Using Scope as an environment rather than an insert chain is way more flexible anyways IMO.

G
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

siriusbliss wrote:
erminardi wrote:UAD is making tonns of money, becoming a truly standard, with XTC concept (with the same technology BTW)... instead, it is normal that Sonicore decides to abandon this kind of project.
Not abandoned, just carried over from 20-year old tech that never really worked very well.

Using Scope as an environment rather than an insert chain is way more flexible anyways IMO.

G
Good and flexible for synth and experimental composition, but if U need DAW integration and total & quick recall and many other standards, as professionist (people that pay well your work and technology), not so much.
garyb

Post by garyb »

xtc mode was abandoned by CREAMWARE in v3.
it has been retained in v4 and v5, but no extra development was done.

actually, for professionals, i disagree that xtc mode is superior. it's just a convenience for everyone.
hubird

Post by hubird »

yet, a UAD-like S/C DSP card with the main plugins and the topsynths as VSTi would have been nice, ánd a monymaker.
I love my UAD 2 quad card and the way it integrates in my DAW.
pranza

Post by pranza »

for me it works fine under 64bit:

samplitude - must use version not later than 11
cubase - at least v 5 is working
wavelab - not working (device does not correspond...error starting asio in xtc mode)
sound forge - not working (latest version)
acid - working (latest version)
live! - not working (latest version)