Sibelius and Scope

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

soren_jepsen

Sibelius and Scope

Post by soren_jepsen »

I've been trying (in vain) for the longest time to get Sibelius to play ball with scope. Both with my old Luna card, and my shiny new XITE. I've been swearing, singing, yelling, praying and calling emailing Sibelius support......no help....

I had given up, but recently I aquired Ableton's Live (loving it), and something struck me. Both programs support rewire. So I opened Scope, started Live, selected Sibelius in the "Audio from" menu in the audiotrack, and (holding my breath) started Sibelius. Lo and behold, it worked.

Following that my girlfriend was rather unsure of how to interpret my behavior :-)

Conclution: use rewire for Sibelius (and hope Avid realizes the pathetic state of the audio part of an otherwize brilliant program).

Regards
Soren
dante

Re: Sibelius and Scope

Post by dante »

Good tip noted in the troubleshooting guide.
luigicampala

Post by luigicampala »

It´s much easier to use Asio4all. It uses the Scope Wave Driver, gives you low latencies and WORKS with scope.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

dont hope on avid they sacked all the coders of sibelius

and are just going to live off the code that was developed up until the point they closed the

the coding firm

theres a petition which is trying to get the write back to the original owners so that its support can carry on
soren_jepsen

Post by soren_jepsen »

@Luigi
I tried asio4all, but after switching to Win7 64bit, no luck there either (which kind of fueled my frustration :-))

@jhulk
Yea, I read about that too. However a guy from the Danish Musicians Union was in contact with Avid, and reported that there was no plans to let Sibelius die off. Earlier this same person brought attention to the sacking of the developers as you mentioned.

So is Sibelius slowly dying? I don't know.

Regards
Soren
luigicampala

Post by luigicampala »

Have you tried inserting 2 wave sources and chossing the 2nd for asio4all. The first is often occupied by the OS
soren_jepsen

Post by soren_jepsen »

2 wave sources doesn't change anything. Sibelius stills hangs during startup. However I'm content with running it thru Live, it does open som interresting possibilities :-)
luigicampala

Post by luigicampala »

one last try: once you successfully opened Sibelius you must change the driver to asio4all. At least that´s how it worked in my case
CarvinGuitarFreak

Post by CarvinGuitarFreak »

Hi soren_jepsen,

What version of Sib are you using? I've tried for many years to try and get Sib and Scope to work together. I gave up and started to use Notion3. I do prefer Sib and would return to it if I could get it working.

Many thanks,
CGF
(o)==][;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;,,,..
********CARVIN GUITARS RULE*********
..,,,;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;][==(o)
luigicampala

Post by luigicampala »

CarvinGuitarFreak wrote:Hi soren_jepsen,

What version of Sib are you using? I've tried for many years to try and get Sib and Scope to work together. I gave up and started to use Notion3. I do prefer Sib and would return to it if I could get it working.

Many thanks,
CGF
I managed to run Sibelius 6 and Scope 5.1 running together via asio4all