The best piano sound and others for Scope STS samplers

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

nitri

The best piano sound and others for Scope STS samplers

Post by nitri »

Hello, I search for long time :( a good piano sound for STS samplers. What is de best sound in your opinion? And for Drums? Do you know a good source for download high quality samples?

Thanks! :-?
dawman

Re: The best piano sound and others for Scope STS samplers

Post by dawman »

I remember a really nice Jerry Coakley Piano, but I believe if you have a decent converter like Translator, you can use your favorite Kontakt Piano, and just delete many of the useless layers that cannot be triggered during a perfomance anyways.

They can be accessed in curve drawn envelopes and such in a sequencer but then they sound like a Windows Piano ( fake ) which IMHO defeats the purpose of a dynamic/natural performance.

If I can find the DLd I had made I will alert you, but I have moved on from the STS stuff and use PianoTeq Pro 4 which also has excellent EPianos, Clavinets, etc.
It uses less resources than Kontakt even when NCW samples are being used ( lossless compression).
dante

Post by dante »

For Drums, I got an AKAI CD called Heavy Hitters. Sampled from the drums of the likes of Alan White and Tommy Lee. These play well on a kit triggered by a pro drummer.

http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_09/sts_mast.htm

Check out the 'John Perri Scope Setup and Demo' tab for audio demo of STS drums.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I remember a really nice Jerry Coakley Piano,
William Coakley ...

http://www.williamcoakley.com/

I have one or two of these somewhere on my harddrive,- in Kurzweil format I think.
Was very usable for AKAI S-1K series samplers too and 16MB only.
CD Xtract converts fine.

There´s some fine and small footprint sample library stuff from the past worth using, especially live and when loading times become a deal breaker.
That´s why I want to get STS4000 working perfect on XITE-1 and in SCOPE 5.1 or upcoming SCOPE 6.

Bud