Mooxer

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

roy thinnes

Mooxer

Post by roy thinnes »

Hi folks,
:)
Mooxer = Mixer & Looper. It's a descendant of Atom's Looper Delay device, designed for use with Ableton, but can of course be used with any live input.
Each channel can be passed-thru ("rec" position) or looped ("loop" position), or "mix-looped" (any position in between).
You can choose between four loop time dividers (2 bars, 1 bar, 1p, 1/2, 1/2p, 1/4, 1/4p, 1/8, 1/8p, 1/16, grainy), with the loop divider settings on the right.
The "select divider" pots allow remote-control via CC#.
After the loopdelays there are Lp and Hp filters, for track blending; after that, the fx inserts.
Download here.
(You have to copy the LDHDS dsp file to your Scope App/Dsp directory.)

Have fun!
jksuperstar

Re: Mooxer

Post by jksuperstar »

Thanks Roy! I've been looking for a good looper! Many thanks!

BTW, since I'm trying to get to grips with the 5.1 SDK, did you make this with 5.1? Just curious of your experience.
enantiodromia

Post by enantiodromia »

thanks man!!

is it possible to add tweaking option to the granular divider?
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

-jk: well, I tried SDK 5.1, but wasn't really convinced. it's beta, after all. still very much to do I think.
last week I made a WinXP partition, for SDK only :lol:

-enantio: ok you've got me there. let's see what can be done. maybe some modulation delay, don't know. stay tuned!
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

I use Live a lot for tracking/recording but haven't found a need for the looper supplied with Live. To record at present I send the channel to record out through SpaceF mixer fp106 which has a dedicated selectable record out channel. This is piped out via asio to Live which then has to be set. If I can cut down the screen swapping this would certainly be useful. I guess the max bit depth is for audio is going to be 16bit which is less appealing but not a direct criticism you understand.

Interface looks neat and easily accessible. Nice design!

Thanks Roy 8)
dawman

Post by dawman »

THANKS ROY....

I can;t wait to try this.
I always love your patches, modules, synths and devices, but this GUI and look ois entirely different......
New directions and ideas are most welcome, I love the colors too.

If you were Stateside, I'd send you a Turkey..
dante

Post by dante »

I've tried it - its a rockin looper dude, ideal for self jammin ego trips to hypnotic outer space.
tjsound

Post by tjsound »

fantastic!
waiting for reverse and resonant for filters :D
XITE-1, Reaperx64...
enantiodromia

Post by enantiodromia »

just a thought Roy..

maybe link a knob\slider to the bpm counter and make it appear when the granular option is on ( would be nice if there were separate bpms for each channel )and when you tweak from the granular position make the bpm reset to the original position and vice versa , when you go back to the granular option the bpm changes back to last known bpm position (when it last was on the granular option)
my logic tells me it shouldn't take more dsp or resources but maybe i'm wrong.

anyway ill leave it to the expert

and thanks again Roy hell of a device even without any changes!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

Instead of getting trampled on by feverish shoppers on Black Friday, I decided to stay home and run Solaris through Mooxer.
I think the Joystick x-y Axis and ribbon 1+2 will be excellent experiments.

Ankyu
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is really a great Looper. Once I get my math ligned up correctly I do the Bass lien, then the rhythym part, then insert a pair of SSB Modulator and SSB Phaser, then run into a BPM based Delay, and Voils.........just jam over the top.

Now I will build a custom automation patch from Modular so the Filters can be automated smoothly.
Really nice Roy.

ANKYU
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here Ya' Go.
Such a nice Device deserves more than the usual thank you and here's my meger offering.
I hope it helps others.
It's great having your Cfm Sweeps applied from Mooxer instead of trying to record it via audio.
The Cfm's work great when you match the BPM to the rate in a pair of SSB Modulators.
I can mangle them, or add phase to match the Cfm Sweeps.

Coolness....
Mooxer Shit.zip
Untitled.jpg
dawman

Post by dawman »

Damn RoyT.........this is too cool.
I just added a pair of fader to the rec/loop widgets and I can use this live
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

I'm glad that you loike it!
enantiodromia wrote:maybe link a knob\slider to the bpm counter and make it appear when the granular option is on ( would be nice if there were separate bpms for each channel )and when you tweak from the granular position make the bpm reset to the original position and vice versa , when you go back to the granular option the bpm changes back to last known bpm position (when it last was on the granular option)
problem w/ PC(=long) delays is that changing bpm (=changing delaytime) would cause crackles.
but what I really want to do is to improve that "Granular" setting. Coming back to it when I've got some time!
enantiodromia

Post by enantiodromia »

understood now Roy

XITE-1/4LIVE
"It's great having your Cfm Sweeps applied from Mooxer instead of trying to record it via audio.
The Cfm's work great when you match the BPM to the rate in a pair of SSB Modulators.
I can mangle them, or add phase to match the Cfm Sweeps."

stupid question but what is cfm? and can you explain what you did there ? thanks :o
dawman

Post by dawman »

Cutoff Frequency Filter....
It's electronically dynamic, meaning that instead of using volume as a dynamic, the Filtering process gives the illusion of less volume, even though the audio db may be constant.
The values of the LPFilter can be considered as volume if you like, therefore making it a dynamic component, and the HPFilter can be considered more of a tonal shaper, which makes it sound Insect-ish, or Wasp-ish......sorry I dont speak like some of the scientists, but my ears know what they want, and the mouth tries to follow....
enantiodromia

Post by enantiodromia »

XITE-1/4LIVE ; correct me if i'm wrong here

cfm means cutoff freq modulation?

you used a pair of ssb modulators to modulate the fillters? and you matched the channels bpm to the rate of the ssb? while triggering the ssb with lfo's?
sorry man , i just observed the pic and tried to understand the process , couldn't actually open and hear it because i don't have mod4 or flexor (Assaf dar would be ashamed in me) but it sounds way to cool the idia that you can modulate the hpfilter so it would act as insectlike ,its not related but i did project once in synthmaker to try make a cricket sound using carpus strong (wasn't good enough though..) and always had bad feeling about it as i missed it out .

XITE-1/4LIVE ; if only you have the time and desire
please explain the process so i could do it it mod3 or something... appreciate a lot
dante

Post by dante »

So if I was a guitarist, I could assign the controls in the Mooxer to guitar midi footpedal so I could record on Ch1, change Ch1 to playback then overdub/record on Ch2 and so on, without having to interupt the playing to use the mouse ?
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

..and then you could loop this also and feed another Mooxer with it, and so on..
Loop inferno :D
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

2 hours I'm looking for a Scope loop recorder device and that's it ! I found it !

I don't understand how I missed it !

I think I gonna have fUn ! :)
Thanks, Roy !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <